Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont believe we will ever win the CL under Pep, he fucks about with the team too much.I can still see myself sat in a fan park in Porto reading the team on the screen.

Hope I am wrong.

VK would be the logical next manager for me if he can maintain something at Burnley, he gets City fans unlike Pep imo.
Who cares whether he gets the fans or not. A coach is either good enough or he isn’t. Pep is good enough and gets us fine.
The coaches good enough out there are a small handful and we can’t start ruling them out for peripheral reasons. If we think Kompany is good enough great , if we don’t then he’s out.

To be honest I think this is the kind of thing that top level players completely switch off from.

It's good if you're a massive legend of the game managing a very young squad who've never seen you angry before, but it's got a very short shelf life. United players used to laugh behind Ferguson's back when he was giving the hairdryer because they're elite professionals, they don't need to be shouted at, they just want instructions in how to fix issues in the game.

That's why the most we've ever seen from Pep is the "Sit down, drink water, relax". Most of the time he doesn't even go in the dressing room, and when he does it's to give instructions or show clips to explain what's going on.

Last week the media kept asking about what Pep said in half time at Spurs, obviously hoping for some epic story about how he tore them a new one and turned everything around, but both Stones and Gundogan have said he didn't really say much, it was the players being introspective and knowing they could do better.

To be honest I think this is the kind of thing that top level players completely switch off from.

It's good if you're a massive legend of the game managing a very young squad who've never seen you angry before, but it's got a very short shelf life. United players used to laugh behind Ferguson's back when he was giving the hairdryer because they're elite professionals, they don't need to be shouted at, they just want instructions in how to fix issues in the game.

That's why the most we've ever seen from Pep is the "Sit down, drink water, relax". Most of the time he doesn't even go in the dressing room, and when he does it's to give instructions or show clips to explain what's going on.

Yeah didn’t help fergie those rants

I see the point, some would say this is more Mancini than Pep.

But a kick up the arse is not always a bad thing and he has got burnley playing some nice football, that is all I ask of my team, to play nice football, not hoof ball or bus parking bollocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.