Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I think this is the kind of thing that top level players completely switch off from.

It's good if you're a massive legend of the game managing a very young squad who've never seen you angry before, but it's got a very short shelf life. United players used to laugh behind Ferguson's back when he was giving the hairdryer because they're elite professionals, they don't need to be shouted at, they just want instructions in how to fix issues in the game.

That's why the most we've ever seen from Pep is the "Sit down, drink water, relax". Most of the time he doesn't even go in the dressing room, and when he does it's to give instructions or show clips to explain what's going on.

Last week the media kept asking about what Pep said in half time at Spurs, obviously hoping for some epic story about how he tore them a new one and turned everything around, but both Stones and Gundogan have said he didn't really say much, it was the players being introspective and knowing they could do better.
“ United players used to laugh behind Ferguson's back when he was giving the hairdryer because they're elite professionals, they don't need to be shouted at.” Then they’d stop laughing as they polished their medals.

Is he a Barca man? Thought he was a Basque man and his ‘club’ was Sociedad?
Barca Youth & B Team Player from 1997-2002.

He played a few games for Sociedad between Rangers & Everton, but whether they’re “his team,” I have no idea.

I’d have thought that being a Barca Old Boy, and his tutelage under Pep, Barca would seem a more natural fit. Maybe not?

I can’t even believe this thread has existed for so long on here tbh, shameful, and that is has over 300 pages just staggers me.
I hadn't been on here for 18 months, but when I popped in & saw "Pep Out" "Fraudiola" & "The Bald Fraud" typed all over the forum, I was frankly staggered!

I've literally just been talking about the hopeless & hapless years under Pearce, & STILL can't believe 10 years later we had Sheikh Mansour as owner & Pep Guardiola as Manager.

Some football fans are just plain spoilt & beggar belief! :-/

Last edited:
Barca Youth & B Team Player from 1997-2002.

He played a few games for Sociedad between Rangers & Everton, but whether they’re “his team,” I have no idea.

I’d have thought that being a Barca Old Boy, and his tutelage under Pep, Barca would seem a more natural fit. Maybe not?
I’m not sure they’re that bothered to be honest.
Lopetegui was at Barca and managed Real.
There are a few who’ve played at Barca and then moved to Madrid, such as; Fat Ronaldo, Berndt Schuster, Luis Figo, Saviola and Michael Laudrup.
Not forgetting Luis Enrique who went from playing for Madrid to managing Barcelona…

I hadn't been on here for 18 months, but when I popped in & saw "Pep Out" "Fraudiola" & "The Bald Fraud" typed all over the forum, I was frankly staggered!

I've literally just been talking about the hopeless & hapless days under Pearce & can't believe 10 years later Pep became our Manager.

Some football fans are just plain spoilt & beggar belief! :-/
Mate, he’d only been here 2 years and this thread started up …
I’m sure most posters on here would say they weren’t wanting him to leave when they posted, but talk about poor taste/judgement/optics etc after all he’s achieved here. If/when he were to announce he’s leaving fair enough, or in the few months before his contract was due to run out, if there’s no news on a renewal, then fair enough, but otherwise it’s a shocking thread imho.

Anyway, instead of criticising it, I’m probably best just jogging on and leaving it alone, as I have done consistently since 2018!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.