Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to find out where Marcelo Gallardo next ends up after his break.

I would appoint VK, even if Pep quit this summer, I would just do it.
A couple of reasons, he is blue to the bone and he has continuity with the players, also tack on respect for him from the players and he is playing the sort of football we want.

Yes there are potential downsides but life is for risking sometimes.

As for those two clowns you suggested.

Poch is a perennial loser and a mini me Jose when things go wrong, never ever his fault.

Tuchel is just an utter **** and I don't want him at this club and his football style is awful as well.

I don't know who else is on the radar but I don't want us to go down the route of dragging in some old hand who has done the rounds at all the 'big' clubs Ancelotti for example, he has no loyalty to any club now.

Pep was Barca and will always be but now he has a lot of City flowing through him and you can't buy that.

Your last sentence is odd, because you can buy it...we bought it when we bought Pep! It just takes time. I wouldn't take Vinny after Pep, it's destined to fail. No manager will be able to do what Pep has done and they'll be measured against him. We're better off going for someone short term whilst we wait for a longer-term manager to be ready for it. I'm all for Kompany being a potential manager, but it would be better if he wasn't the first in after Pep for his own legacy with City. Ancelotti would be the perfect man to bring in for a couple of years until Kompany has more experience.

Whilst Arteta is succeeding at Arsenal now, if they don't win the league they'll be calling for his head again. It's a fickle game. They love him now they're top, if they don't win it then they'll give him another season's grace but he could be out on his arse. And he's replacing someone they felt was shite, not the greatest manager in the world.

I agree with you. What he has done at Burnley is immense.
Having supported city for 40 + years he is the one man that really personifies bleeding blue blood for me. I'd go to battle for him so I'm sure tge team would do likewise.
Well said pal

Vinny all day long whats the worse that could happen?does a Lampard or Gerrard highly doubt it.
He would have time and goodwill with us.As someone pointed out Tuchel and Mourinho are thundercunts,Poch is a serial loser.Also probably bring his coaching staff with him Bellamy looks like a good sounding board for him.

Sorry this a no brainer but it has to be Vinny.
As others have pointed out, whoever follows Pep are going to be unfairly judged but Vinny has so much blue blood in his veins that he must be a wonderful contender as he`s very well thought of within the corridors of The Etihad.
Vey well educated man who comes across as someone who understands the game fully and he`s a born winner IMO.
Vinny COME ON DOWN !!

Your last sentence is odd, because you can buy it...we bought it when we bought Pep! It just takes time. I wouldn't take Vinny after Pep, it's destined to fail. No manager will be able to do what Pep has done and they'll be measured against him. We're better off going for someone short term whilst we wait for a longer-term manager to be ready for it. I'm all for Kompany being a potential manager, but it would be better if he wasn't the first in after Pep for his own legacy with City. Ancelotti would be the perfect man to bring in for a couple of years until Kompany has more experience.

Whilst Arteta is succeeding at Arsenal now, if they don't win the league they'll be calling for his head again. It's a fickle game. They love him now they're top, if they don't win it then they'll give him another season's grace but he could be out on his arse. And he's replacing someone they felt was shite, not the greatest manager in the world.
It's your opinion and you're entitled to it, you will not 'buy' what you say we bought with Pep by appointing Ancelotti for two seasons, in those two seasons a guy who has zero loyalty could very well have destroyed everything Pep has built, the playing style, the dressing room togetherness etc.

Kompany would be seamless in that regard, no he isn't guaranteed to be a success but he isn't destined to fail, that is a ridiculous statement and if he did and the 'fans' turn on him then they are indeed as fickle as the wankers that follow Arsenal.

Again I believe Pep will be here for another two seasons and then VK will either be ready or he will have failed at Burnley and be out of the picture.

Personally don’t think Pep will leave until the 2026 World Cup. A lot can change in those 3 years. My shortlist would be Luis Enrique, Vinny and Hansi Flick

Sorry this a no brainer but it has to be Vinny.
As others have pointed out, whoever follows Pep are going to be unfairly judged but Vinny has so much blue blood in his veins that he must be a wonderful contender as he`s very well thought of within the corridors of The Etihad.
Vey well educated man who comes across as someone who understands the game fully and he`s a born winner IMO.
Vinny COME ON DOWN !!
What if he brings Burnley to the prem and they flop massively? Will you still want him then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.