Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not rule out Pep returning in the future. He is one of us now. So when he is finally ready to take a break and leave the club imo it will only be temporary.

I would imagine it will be difficult for him to leave the club he has helped build. A club that has offered him so much.

Hopefully he just keeps renewing and renewing and renewing. If not we have plenty of options.

It’s a bit of a risk to go with Vinnie so soon IMO. I love the bloke but I’d hope we’d let him test himself properly for a few years before we put him in charge. Next season in the Prem will be a good starting point for judgement.

De Zerbi has Brighton playing brilliant football, mind. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s been noticed internally at the club.

Lopetegui is a class manager. Doing a good job at Wolves (they were bottom, now 4 or 5 clear of relegation)

The football's nice too. Similar to pep, but with worse players.

He's also managed at the highest level.

Not saying we definitely get him, just he's an option. Depends when Pep leaves though.

It's your opinion and you're entitled to it, you will not 'buy' what you say we bought with Pep by appointing Ancelotti for two seasons, in those two seasons a guy who has zero loyalty could very well have destroyed everything Pep has built, the playing style, the dressing room togetherness etc.

Kompany would be seamless in that regard, no he isn't guaranteed to be a success but he isn't destined to fail, that is a ridiculous statement and if he did and the 'fans' turn on him then they are indeed as fickle as the wankers that follow Arsenal.

Again I believe Pep will be here for another two seasons and then VK will either be ready or he will have failed at Burnley and be out of the picture.

Our success is thanks to substantial investment and planning, which Pep is certainly part of, but is not the only person involved. Based on Ancelotti's CV he's unlikely to destroy what the club has in place for beyond Pep's tenure. He's won the lot with Milan and Real and been successful in short spells with Chelsea and Bayern. He might not be a club legend, but if we're still waiting to win the CL and he comes and does that then he will be. And that's my point about buying the bond. If you pay to bring in the best manager in the world and they're successful then of course there's a bond with them. Pep's been here for a long time and won a lot and it's unquestionable he has a genuine love for the club, you can see that in how he has our back regarding the PL charges. We might not get that from someone like Ancelotti but if it brings short term success whilst a longer term option is identified then I think it's the smart move.

Vinny has done very well with Burnley but it's a million miles away from the level we are at. We love him, he loves us but how will we feel if we're 5th in the league and out of all of the cups which is a lot more likely if we appoint him over someone with a greater CV.

Every so often you get these young and hungry managers who come in and are instantly successful and maybe Vinny would do that. I'm sure he's on the list at the moment and I wouldn't be unhappy with him replacing Pep but I don't think it's the right thing to do right now. It would be better for an older head to come in and not be burdened by the shoes they were filling. It's not about us City fans, the press would be relentless in their comparisons to Pep and trying to destroy Vinny's legacy here. He's very unlikely to go and win 4 league titles in 5 seasons and that's what I mean by destined to fail. As much as we might all say we accept we will not be as good without Pep, he's set a benchmark now and like it or not we do expect to compete for all trophies and win a few each year.

Vinny on a 2 year contract with the option of extending if all goes well. He has done very well at Burnley. Chelsea have taken crazy risks in the past like having AVB and Di Matteo as their managers, the first one was a total disaster, the other got them their first ever UCL. It's a crazy game but the rewards are always higher than the risks.

The thing is with Vinny to establish judgement criteria of what classes as success when Burnley reach the PL.

They aint getting top 6.

Is top half of the table established as a good job?

He'd be massively positively advantaged at City with our management structure, budget etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.