Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton played some lovely stuff under Potter. Is De Zerbi a continuation of that?
Yes and no. Possesion wise yes same as Potter, thats where it ends. Playing out from the back is frightening niw, but when it works and we go forward its such a joy. With Potter it was play out from the back and then more hope, with RDZ every player knows where to be and what to do.

RDZ has the team playing better than what the players are. The stats dont lie, we are up there with you and Arsenal as to big chances created and style.

Would love to see a Brighton v City FA cup final, im sure it would gi down as one of the greatest finals ever.

Maurizio Sarri
Tata Martino
Ruben Amorim
Imanol Alguacil
Simone Inzaghi
Diego Simeone
Zinedine Zidane
Javi Gracia
Nico Kovac
Jorge Sampaoli

Maurizio Sarri
Tata Martino
Ruben Amorim
Imanol Alguacil
Simone Inzaghi
Diego Simeone
Zinedine Zidane
Javi Gracia
Nico Kovac
Jorge Sampaoli
I mean I do have some bias here but Inzaghi is not great (even Inter fans will tell you that), I have no idea why you'd include him.

Sarri has his own style and philosophy but he's neither particularly effective nor fun and I don't think he'll leave Italy again. He's also a twat but I guess that's subjective.

Simeone's style is the complete opposite of what you currently play, he'd have to try and revolutionise what your players have learned or buy new ones.

I know basically nothing about Tata Martino but from what I read on wikipedia he hasn't done anything special, I'm curious why you'd put him on there.

Javi Gracia doesn't look too impressive a coach to me, he hasn't done that well at the clubs he's been at.

I think Amorim and De Zerbi would be the most intriguing options for you guys (not the safest though), with Amorim a step ahead having already won titles in the top flight. De Zerbi is still relatively unproven at the top level in terms of effectiveness and consistency - even though I do admire him a lot ever since his Sassuolo days.

Last edited:
No Luis Enrique?
He’s been mentioned a lot already. I would be very happy with Enrique and have said that before, but throwing these names into the ring I think any of them could do the job.

They’re mostly of a certain calibre and type that would make them fairly safe options to continue building on what are arguably the strongest foundations around

List is, more or less, in order of preference

I mean I do have some bias here but Inzaghi is not great (even Inter fans will tell you that), I have no idea why you'd include him.

Sarri has his own style and philosophy but he's neither particularly effective nor fun and I don't think he'll leave Italy again. He's also a twat but I guess that's subjective.

Simeone's style is the complete opposite of what you currently play, he'd have to try and revolutionise what your players have learned or buy new ones.

I know basically nothing about Tata Martino but from what I read on wikipedia he hasn't done anything special, I'm curious why you'd put him on there.

Javi Gracia doesn't look too impressive a coach to me, he hasn't done that well at the clubs he's been at.

I think Amorim and De Zerbi would be the most intriguing options for you guys (not the safest though), with Amorim a step ahead having already won titles in the top flight. De Zerbi is still relatively unproven at the top level in terms of effectiveness and consistency - even though I do admire him a lot ever since his Sassuolo days.
Are you a fan of one of the Milanese clubs?

I think Sarri has proven himself and his football to be effective in a number of jobs, including his time in the Prem as well as Serie A. Chelsea fans didn’t like his style of play, that doesn’t mean it wasn’t effective imho it was, and that job was never a stable one, I wouldn’t have expected anyone to last long there.

True that it is subjective, but I’m interested why you think he’s a tw@t?

Any successor will buy his own players, but I don’t see Simeone having to buy more than other managers will. He would play a completely different style absolutely, but we have a squad full of highly intelligent footballers, many of which have played different styles at other clubs. I could see him getting more out of Haaland as well as the English contingent.

Tata led a very good period of Barça before their post-Pep decline set in. Based on his time with that squad, I see him as someone who could slot in with us quite effectively post-Pep. He would maintain the same shape, a high back line and possession-based play, but slightly more direct and very high-tempo.

Again, I have a different opinion of Gracia’s work in the past but he’s not one I fancy as much as the others. But I enjoyed watching his Malaga squad and respect the job he did with Watford. I would argue whilst it’s a very different task, he quietly built a rounded, challenging side with Watford, which surprised & impressed me at the time and his successors haven’t seemed to be able to do the same

I like your perspective on Amorim and De Zerbi. I agree that they’d be intriguing options, and that of the two De Zerbi has more to prove. I like what he’s done at Sassuolo and Brighton, but I want to see what he does in the next few seasons before putting him up for a top job. I’m also weary of appointing another silky Brighton manager to one of the top jobs in England at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.