Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren’t many things that we could accuse our board of doing badly over the years.

How we change managers could well be at the top of the list though.

Hughes-Mancini. Hughes winning a match and waving goodbye as Mancini was already in the boardroom.

Mancini-Pellegrini. The Wigan final farce and you can stick your Pellegrini up your arse.

Pellegrini-Pep. Pellegrini’s rushed statement in January announcing he wasn’t taking the option on his extra year as manager as Pep had decided to come.

Who knows what this next change will look like.

Sounds like you’re just determined to find negatives.

Pellegrini was a fine manager, won 3 trophies in 3 seasons, broke a ton of records, played some amazing football in that first year and made important progress in the CL. He was fairly allowed to announce his departure when he wanted. Literally who gives a fuck that he didn’t tell the PR person before? Pep had signed in October, everything important was done.

And I’m not sure what else you wanted them to do when Mancini out of nowhere started demanding they sell off half the squad he just won the title with? Fire him just before the cup final?

Sounds like you’re just determined to find negatives.

Pellegrini was a fine manager, won 3 trophies in 3 seasons, broke a ton of records, played some amazing football in that first year and made important progress in the CL. He was fairly allowed to announce his departure when he wanted. Literally who gives a fuck that he didn’t tell the PR person before? Pep had signed in October, everything important was done.
I’ve simply highlighted the circus surrounding each of our managerial changes under ADUG.

We may or may not pick the right manager to succeed Pep. We’ve generally hired the managers we’ve needed, but in a less than ideal transition.

I’ve simply highlighted the circus surrounding each of our managerial changes under ADUG.

We may or may not pick the right manager to succeed Pep. We’ve generally hired the managers we’ve needed, but in a less than ideal transition.

We signed the best manager of his generation and it was a complete secret to the outside world for 4 months, I wouldn’t call that a circus.

We signed the best manager of his generation and it was a complete secret to the outside world for 4 months, I wouldn’t call that a circus.
You can call it what you wish.

Pellegrini made a rushed statement to the press as it got out and the season fizzled out because of the change over.

I know Pep and Txiki are instrumental in everything, but it feels like Soriano's baby and I don't think he is done with his idea of maximising the CFG model. It was his idea, and him that brought it to Mansoor/Khaldoon.

He may have an idea who he can work with (as long as their style fits ) and it maybe they come as a pair (coach and Dof). I have no idea if there are any combo's out there but it's a thought.

Arne Slot is in my opinion the best option, by far.

It's a young manager but with experience that other young managers lack.

Has had big success in every single year of his managerial career - he took a team that won the league once in the last 20+ years and then got 2nd in the first year and won the league in his second year. Now they are the big favorites to win it again.

Europe? Also great success. Feyenoord hadn't achieved anything tangible in Europe the past years. Arne took over and got to the Conference League final (knocked out teams such as Union Berlin, Prague and Marseille) in his first year, only just losing it Mourinho's Roma in the final.
In his second year they went up to the Europa League and got to the semi-final knocking out teams as Lazio (winning twice) and Shaktar (7-1 win at home). Again got knocked out by Mourinho's Roma after getting a red card in the second leg. After the game Mourinho got angry and shouted at him because Slot said in the press conference that he likes to watch Guardiola's City and Napoli more than any other team, including mourinho's roma!!!

Now in his third year he got Feyenoord to the Champions League and is first in the group while being with Atletico Madrid, Lazio and Celtic.

WE NEED HIM SO HARD. In summary it's a manager that loves winning and is good at it, plays a hybrid 4-3-3/3-2-4-1 just like Guardiola does with lots of possesion and attacking play and inverted fullbacks/centerback, is a big fan of Guardiola and the way City play, speaks several languages, is still young, is good both in the league and in Europe and most importantly is BALD.

Arne Slot is in my opinion the best option, by far.

It's a young manager but with experience that other young managers lack.

Has had big success in every single year of his managerial career - he took a team that won the league once in the last 20+ years and then got 2nd in the first year and won the league in his second year. Now they are the big favorites to win it again.

Europe? Also great success. Feyenoord hadn't achieved anything tangible in Europe the past years. Arne took over and got to the Conference League final (knocked out teams such as Union Berlin, Prague and Marseille) in his first year, only just losing it Mourinho's Roma in the final.
In his second year they went up to the Europa League and got to the semi-final knocking out teams as Lazio (winning twice) and Shaktar (7-1 win at home). Again got knocked out by Mourinho's Roma after getting a red card in the second leg. After the game Mourinho got angry and shouted at him because Slot said in the press conference that he likes to watch Guardiola's City and Napoli more than any other team, including mourinho's roma!!!

Now in his third year he got Feyenoord to the Champions League and is first in the group while being with Atletico Madrid, Lazio and Celtic.

WE NEED HIM SO HARD. In summary it's a manager that loves winning and is good at it, plays a hybrid 4-3-3/3-2-4-1 just like Guardiola does with lots of possesion and attacking play and inverted fullbacks/centerback, is a big fan of Guardiola and the way City play, speaks several languages, is still young, is good both in the league and in Europe and most importantly is BALD.
You should have led with him being bald.

Yeah, maybe. Players becoming managers is often more for sentimental reasons, rather than sound logical ones.

Fernandinho might become a superb manager, but he’s still playing, isn’t he?

I’d be all for reintegrating him into our coaching system, but I’d probably want someone more experienced to take over.
Yes mate i agree I meant as an assistant bridging between pep and next main man

Would be really useful to take txiki do a extra year or two after pep goes. The two leaving is a big change all at once.

This is a big point IMO. Both are elite at what they do, and being the club we are (Khaldoon specifically) we won't settle for second-rate but it does feel like a massive change.

Unless their replacement(s) come from within (Barca replaced Pep with his assistant)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.