Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I thought he looked totally out of his depth which did surprise me, hardly the idea time to take over but he still looked overawed by the whole situation.

It was a tough gig at Chelsea, but I think De Zerbi's achievements with Brighton show that Potter was doing a very good job, but that it could have been even better. De Zerbi's got the makings of a Pep replacement, but it's all about timing. We will undoubtedly have a list of potential replacements, but it will depend on when Pep calls it a day. Every season a new objective rises which makes him want to stay. The players love him, they're listening to him and evolving and he'll want to hand the team over in good shape to ensure consistency. He could have gone after the treble, but why wouldn't he want to be the first to win 4 titles in a row? There will always be little goals that keep driving him forwards, and I'm sure he'd like to oversee some European dominance from City.

Thought Luis Enrique’s Spain at the WC were great. Dull to watch in tournament football, but would hoover up 3 points a game in a league. And Rodri at Centre Back too! Not arsed how he does at Planet Ego at the moment: still my man for when Pep walks off into the sunset.

My preference would be an acrobatic manager who will somersault when we score. Also a really impressive sadface when we loose.

Pep is very good but besides football management what does he really bring to the party.

He'll do fine in the meantime but I'd like his successor to be just that much better talent wise.

Thought Luis Enrique’s Spain at the WC were great. Dull to watch in tournament football, but would hoover up 3 points a game in a league. And Rodri at Centre Back too! Not arsed how he does at Planet Ego at the moment: still my man for when Pep walks off into the sunset.

A logical one considering he replaced Pep before. Xabi Alonso is one that I'm sure the club would consider, but I wonder whether he'd take it considering his Liverpool connections. He's someone who obviously played under Pep and is doing a brilliant job with Leverkusen, very much in Pep's mould.

It was a tough gig at Chelsea, but I think De Zerbi's achievements with Brighton show that Potter was doing a very good job, but that it could have been even better. De Zerbi's got the makings of a Pep replacement, but it's all about timing. We will undoubtedly have a list of potential replacements, but it will depend on when Pep calls it a day. Every season a new objective rises which makes him want to stay. The players love him, they're listening to him and evolving and he'll want to hand the team over in good shape to ensure consistency. He could have gone after the treble, but why wouldn't he want to be the first to win 4 titles in a row? There will always be little goals that keep driving him forwards, and I'm sure he'd like to oversee some European dominance from City.
It was interesting a couple of days ago hearing Pep talking about Txiki.

Words to the effect of " I hope he continues at the club for many, many more years, he is doing such a wonderful job"

Not the words of someone looking to move on in a season.

One thing that this euphoric ride under the GOAT can tell us, he’ll be part of the transition plan, that isn’t even up for debate…
I bet the rags said similar on Sadcafe when the Hardshoulder shitter hung his tactics board up.

We’ll also need a director of football. Rumours of VK maybe being that.

A perfectionist like him doesn’t stop at 9 years. At least has to round it up to 10! ;)

When he first joined I said I hoped he'd do 8 years - that's how long Cruyff was at Barcelona and built them into the superclub they are today.

We've got that already, so anything extra is a bonus for me.

I bet the rags said similar on Sadcafe when the Hardshoulder shitter hung his tactics board up.

We’ll also need a director of football. Rumours of VK maybe being that.

I don't think Ferguson's retirement is at all comparable.

For starters, United's internal structure had basically not evolved since the late 80's because Ferguson was there, dominating and controlling everything. We had a modern structure of spreading responsibility across a large upper management before Pep and not much has changed in the last 8 years in regard to the "best" way to run a big club.

Secondly, Ferguson's retirement was very sudden. His wife's twin sister died in October 2012, and he told United he was retiring at the end of the season a few weeks later. They had about 4 months to find a replacement and that's why Pep, Mouirnho, Klopp, van Gaal & Ancelotti turned them down - most had already lined up their next jobs.

Pep will give Txiki & Khaldoon plenty of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.