Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ange for me I like how he talks about the game and how he wants his teams to play.

I really hope that Pep & Txiki don't leave at the same time. I have this as a partial reason why the rags are as shit as they are now. The GPC was supposed to leave a year earlier but stayed out of spite to end on a win so ended up going at the same time as Gill. The downfall (might be a vid in that) had already started but not having a transition period of the new manager working with the old DoF exacerbated it I'm sure.

There aren’t many things that we could accuse our board of doing badly over the years.

How we change managers could well be at the top of the list though.

Hughes-Mancini. Hughes winning a match and waving goodbye as Mancini was already in the boardroom.

Mancini-Pellegrini. The Wigan final farce and you can stick your Pellegrini up your arse.

Pellegrini-Pep. Pellegrini’s rushed statement in January announcing he wasn’t taking the option on his extra year as manager as Pep had decided to come.

Who knows what this next change will look like.
Changing managers was done well by the club as the conditions and circumstance has shown.
Consider,
Hughes. No trophies
Mancini. 3 trophies
Pellegrini. 3 trophies
Pep. On his way to 20 trophies.
As far as this fan is concerned the board have done just fine.
By the way, I was in the boardroom the day Hughes was sacked and I didn't see Mancini there. If you have any photographic evidence of him there that day please post. Don't post heresay from the friends Hughes had in the media, you know the one's who still spit bile about our club nearly 15 years later.
In conclusion, the board do their business just fine in running the best team, football and management, in the world.
Come on City!

Changing managers was done well by the club as the conditions and circumstance has shown.
Consider,
Hughes. No trophies
Mancini. 3 trophies
Pellegrini. 3 trophies
By the way, I was in the boardroom the day Hughes was sacked and I didn't see Mancini there. If you have any photographic evidence of him there that day please post. Don't post heresay from the friends Hughes had in the media, you know the one's who still spit bile about our club nearly 15 years later.
In conclusion, the board do their business just fine in running the best team, football and management, in the world.
Come on City!

ADUG took over Manchester City 15 years ago and they've only had to fire 1 of their managerial appointments.

Hughes was obviously not their appointment and basically needed clearing out with the old regime.
Mancini screamed and shouted his way out of a job.
Pellegrini was hired for 3 years while Pep was at Bayern and he left when he'd completed that contract.
Pep will never be fired.

Consider that United have had 8 or 9 managers over that period.
Spurs 10.
Chelsea 18.
Liverpool 5.

Consider,
Hughes. No trophies
Mancini. 3 trophies
Pellegrini. 3 trophies
Come on City!
Lol, okay.

None of that changes the way we replaced managers could have been better.

It’s well known that Mancini was in the stadium the day Hughes left. Maybe he wasn’t in the boardroom, but he was certainly around somewhere.

We get better managers each time, but hang the current ones out to dry.

Im not sure we will get better next time either!

Consider,
Hughes. No trophies
Mancini. 3 trophies
Pellegrini. 3 trophies
Come on City!

They've made the correct decisions but the manner in which they've done them left a sour taste - at the time! We don't need to worry about it with Pep, he'll leave when he wants to and hopefully he never wants to!

Hughes last game, everyone in the stadium seemed to be talking about it. I don't know if I'm remembering it correctly, but I'm pretty sure the news spread during the game and then the atmosphere was very odd and everyone was watching Hughes' body language more than the football.

The FA Cup against Wigan again it was all people were talking about before the game. A very odd atmosphere for our biggest game that season, which obviously went disastrously. They had to get rid of Mancini, he'd been challenging them all season quite publicly. But they could have done a better job of keeping it quiet so we had the best chance of winning that final. Who knows if that affected things, but it certainly was being discussed at the Green Man before it.

Lol, okay.

None of that changes the way we replaced managers could have been better.

It’s well known that Mancini was in the stadium the day Hughes left. Maybe he wasn’t in the boardroom, but he was certainly around somewhere.

We get better managers each time, but hang the current ones out to dry.

Im not sure we will get better next time either!
Pretty sure it's since been established Mancini wasn't in the stadium.

The argument being advanced that his career trajectory is different from the typical elite manager because he came from Australia I think is fair. I do think people could be right that he got overlooked because of it.

The argument that he has won everywhere he has been doesn’t make a lot of sense in my view.
Lots of guys can win in small time leagues and when they get the call up to the Premier League they face plant. Ten Hag is just the latest example. Ange has to demonstrate is different from those guys by putting together multiple top four seasons and ideally winning a minor trophy. In essence stringing together some success. If he could accomplish something like that he might be City material.
That is fair. How he goes in the Premier League is far from settled as successful as this stage. However, I disagree about the lower league assessment. It's not like he took over big clubs in the lower leagues who were already winning clubs. He took over basket cases and turned them into winners and often with salary caps which I think are undervalued in measuring success those levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.