Next Season (if we could all have our own way!)

Next season i think Kolo will leave as he is getting on, if he stays then fantastic. If he leaves i see as has been mentioned an Albiol etc coming in with Boyata also as backup.
Savic out on loan. Done.
I would love it if we brought in Martinez as he provides fantastic cover and will add to our midfield. This signing hinges on someone leaving eg NDJ though?.

----------Aguero------
Hazard-----Tev-------Silva
-------Yaya----Barry
Clichy---Lesc---Komp--Richards
------------Hart-------------
Bench; Pantilimon, Nasri, Milner, Balotelli, Zaba, Albiol and NDJ.

That would be my 18 man squad.

If Dzeko leaves then i can see another striker but not a big name coming in unless of course Tevez leaves as well. If both leave then Nasri into Tevez's place and then someone in Nasri's place on bench.

If NDJ leaves also then we go all out for Martinez and slot him next to Yaya. Barry drops to bench.

GK:
Hart
Pantilimon

LB:
Clichy
Martin Olsson

RB:
Richards
Zab

CB:
Kompany
Lescott
Boyata
Kolo Toure
Savic

CM:
Barry
Yaya Toure
Milner
Pizzaro
De Jong

AML:
Silva
Hoilett
Weiss

AMR:
Nasri
Hazard

ST:
Aguero
Balotelli
Tevez
Gudetti

Out:
Bridge
Kolarov
Hargreaves
Adam Johnson
Michael Johnson
Dzeko
Santa Cruz
Adebayor

At the end of the day, we don't need much strength and if I was Mancini this is how I would play it. Big signing in Hazard to bolster the wingers and get the youngsters back into the frame as backup (Gudetti and Weiss) as they can definitely hold their own. Other two signings are the best blackburn has to offer in a back-up winger (Hoilett) and left back (Olsson) who will offer much more than Kolarov.

With FFP coming in too, we would make a sound profit.

The only thing I would consider is getting a CB to replace Savic (as I can't think of one off the top of my head but someone like Mexes who is experienced) and if Tevez does end up leaving, a world class striker. Not RVP, but someone like Falcao.

hazard/lavezzi in
if tevez goes - rvp/falcao in
if dzeko or balo - go promote guidetti
if a.johnson goes - hoilett in
new de jong contract.

if i were to induldge my inner football manager id say martinez to replace barry in the starting lineup but it's not a priority

lol fair enough maybe another striker in, got a feeling RVP could join but not sure how bobby will keep them all happy! Im not the biggest cunningham fan but couldnt see many good left back who would be happy on the bench, whoever said olsson that was a good shout! Would love to have raul albiol or vertonghen but think they would want first team footie!

i dont think we need wholesale changes i like joel matip from schalke reminds me of kompany in style also its obvious we lack width so a winger is priority hazard ticks the right boxes.maybe bring in a few upcomming talents i believe lombardos been on a few scouting trips to argentina lately so lets hope we find some special talent either way im already looking forward to sunday and next season.

Revised squad after watching AM v AB EL final

Hart, Taylor and Pants
Zab/Richards Kompany/Martinez Lescott/Kolo Kolorov/Clichy
Hazard/AJ Silva/Nasri Milner/Yaya NDJ/Barry
Tevez/Aguero Falcao/Balotelli

dachoosen1 said:
lol fair enough maybe another striker in, got a feeling RVP could join but not sure how bobby will keep them all happy! Im not the biggest cunningham fan but couldnt see many good left back who would be happy on the bench, whoever said olsson that was a good shout! Would love to have raul albiol or vertonghen but think they would want first team footie!
Kolarov?
This
Fair Enough

We need to sign a top quality center back for starters. Kolo can stay and ship Savic out to get some experience. We have been fairly lucky this season with Vinny and Lescott being mostly fit. Richards could be turned into a top class center back with Mancini`s guidance but i would like to see another top class center back brought in. A pacey winger is another must for me, so that we can break down teams with a ball round the back when needed. CM is covered with Yaya, Gaz Baz, NDJ and Milner. Up front depends on a who leaves but we could see Tevez, Dzeko and Mario leave. If that happens I would love to see Falcao and Cavani come in. Heaven.

I'm of the mindset that we need to change very little. Our increased strength will come from these players being a year further on in becoming a 'team', from having that bonding experience of (hopefully) winning a title together. Making sweeping changes would only set us back.

Defence - I say bring in Raul Albiol for some quality CB cover, keep Kolo - send Savic on loan to a PL club if we can, and Boyata the same although not back to Bolton even if they stay up, because if they're going to play him out of position what's the point, Dedryck becoming a full-back was never part of the plan for us and he's never looked like one. They might as well have him waiting tables. I see no need for Kolarov to leave as some others have suggested, especially not to be replaced by equal or lesser players such as Baines or Jonas Olsson.

Midfield/wings - Hazard should be our only addition. This will probably have to mean the end of AJ. If we can keep hold of one of Pizarro or Hargreaves, it has to be Pizarro really. Keep NDJ. We won't realise what he brings until he's gone.

Forward line - Keep all our strikers. Send Guidetti on loan to Southampton. I'm serious, Southampton would be the perfect club for him and we can how his Eredivisie form transfers to the PL. Blackpool would also be acceptable.

If AJ leaves, does that make thing difficult with any 'homegrown' rules? I'm not really up to speed on those...

If we get 16 million as rumoured for our second choice left back and turn it down it would be crazy! I like kolarov but dont think hes suited to the english game to me he seems more like a winger being played out of position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.