Neymar

571 goals and assists in 582 games in his career.

341 goals and assists in 330 games since he came to Europe.

74 goals and assists in 75 Champions League games.

It's very hard to look past those numbers.
88 starts out of a possible 190 games in Ligue 1 since he joined them 5 seasons ago (46%)

£600k p/w plus loyalty/agent fees and a transfer fee

30 years old (given he's been playing consecutively since he was 16, plus the injuries, he's likely not going to last into his mid 30s)

Hard to look past these numbers either

If you’re hard on numbers, we’ve just sold Sterling who over the last 5 years or so has very similar numbers to him. Numbers are half a story

That combined with being a serial winner with 25+ trophies won during his career, winning trophies for every team he has ever played for, at both club level and in the national team. At the age of 30, he has won at least one trophy every single season as a professional, averaging winning 2 trophies/season. Insane numbers, especially when you consider he apparently is lazy, has a bad attitude, no work ethic, no ambition and apparently is a bad influence in the dressing room destroying the team spirit, at least thats what I read on this forum. It truly is a miracle how he manages to win everywhere he goes when he, apparently, is having such a negative impact on everyone around him.

I would take him in a heartbeat, the guy is one of the best players in the world, and would suit our style of football perfectly. Just watch clips of what Pep thinks of him, he absolutely loves him.
With that said, I dont think we will sign him, his salary is just to high.

If you’re hard on numbers, we’ve just sold Sterling who over the last 5 years or so has very similar numbers to him. Numbers are half a story

Yeah...no.

In the last 5 years Neymar has scored or assisted 1 more goal than Sterling (204 vs 203) in 103 fewer games.

Per game -

Neymar 1.1
Sterling 0.7

I love Sterling, I'm still pretty annoyed he's gone, but not even he would pretend he contributes goals or assists like Neymar. They're several classes apart - and Sterling is one of the most productive wingers in world football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.