Neymar

He’s a very good player but that makes him throwing himself to the floor every 5 minutes all the more frustrating.

Not sure its the right idea to get him, but I trust the club to do whats right - he'll get kicked off the park here

I don't want to come across as being a massive Neymar fanboy because I would have serious reservations about the transfer, particularly related to his motivation and the size/length of the contract being given to a 30 year old.

But I have to say it would be fascinating to see so many misconceptions get shattered.

The premier league would be the second softest league Neymar has played in. The Brazilian league (and South American international football) and Ligue 1 are so much worse than anything that's been seen over here for 25 years.

Neymar may be flamboyant and whiney, but people have been trying to kick him off the park since he was 16. The idea it's going to happen in the Premier League when he's made it through Brazil and France is a real sign of how little outside football people watch.

We were in the third tier of English football just over 20 years ago and now people are moaning about us potentially signing fucking Neymar - one of football’s biggest names.

People need to trust Pep and the club, stop complaining and enjoy the fact that we are being linked with one of the best football players in the world. If they want him then I’m not going to question them. He’s a huge upgrade on Sterling/Jesus in footballing terms and did well at Barca under Enrique. He won’t get away with goofing around under Pep and he knows it. If he comes here it’s because he wants to win.

I suspect that a lot of people on here will start warming to him if the rumours continue, just like they did with Grealish and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Can he score from the penalty spot?

Undoubtedly talented, only misgiving I would have is will he or can he work hard enough for the team when we are out of possession. Think he has had it easy in France and tracking back isn't a thing PSG do a lot of. Would love to have seen his 'ground covered' stats when we played them last season. That said he would have covered twice the distance Messi did...

571 goals and assists in 582 games in his career.

341 goals and assists in 330 games since he came to Europe.

74 goals and assists in 75 Champions League games.

It's very hard to look past those numbers.

Reportedly £41m a year in wages, a transfer fee of anything between 50m and 80m depending on the claims, a d an age of over 30.

Also numbers that are hard to look past

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.