Neymar

He’s a generational talent but he would be an atypical signing for us based on our recent transfer activities.

I don’t see it happening.

We were in the third tier of English football just over 20 years ago and now people are moaning about us potentially signing fucking Neymar - one of football’s biggest names.

People need to trust Pep and the club, stop complaining and enjoy the fact that we are being linked with one of the best football players in the world. If they want him then I’m not going to question them. He’s a huge upgrade on Sterling/Jesus in footballing terms and did well at Barca under Enrique. He won’t get away with goofing around under Pep and he knows it. If he comes here it’s because he wants to win.

I suspect that a lot of people on here will start warming to him if the rumours continue, just like they did with Grealish and Cristiano Ronaldo.
He won't be arriving to be a squad member & will expect guaranteed game time something we wouldn't offer Raz.

Hes 30 years old & doesn't have time on his side if it takes him 12 months to adjust to Peps football, like the midfielders Pep has signed.

He's been at PSG for 5 years & going to be playing against better defenders & won't get away with throwing himself to the floor

Pep didnt want Ronaldo who at the time would of been a better fit than Neymar would be now & will be on ridiculous wages.

And people said Sane didn’t track back…

Compare Neymar's pressing over the last 3 years to City players last year

Pressing actions per game -

Neymar 21/22 16.5
Bernardo Silva 15.1
Neymar 20/21 14.5
Neymar 19/20 14.2

Gabriel Jesus 14.1
Raheem Sterling 13.4
Riyad Mahrez 11.6

And if you limit that to the defensive third (ie after tracking back)

Neymar 21/22 3.4
Bernardo Silva 2.74
Neymar 20/21 2.25
Riyad Mahrez 1.99
Raheem Sterling 1.61
Gabriel Jesus 1.58
Neymar 19/20 1.52

It would seem that not tracking back is another misconception. He's always been hard working in the press and when Pochettino took over he did a lot of work in the defensive third for the last 2 seasons as well.

He also attempted more tackles+interceptions per game (2.21) than Jesus (2.01), Sterling (1.82) and Mahrez (1.39), and more of those successful tackles were in his team's defensive 3rd (0.39) compared to Jesus (0.24), Mahrez (0.24) and Sterling (0.08)

Last edited:
He's always been one of those players that everyone assumes has an attitude problem or doesn't work hard that, as far as I can tell, has never really been actually substantiated by anyone in a locker room with him.

Three or four CLs by then, five more PLs, and a load of smaller cups, and players will be queueing up to join us. Triples, quadruples, right up to septuples (is that what Liverpool could achieve a few seasons ago?) Mbappe should be ready to replace Neymar and compete to catch up with with Foden and Haaland for the Balon d'Or. Grealish becomes the new KDB.
Are u trying to make me cum.

He won't be arriving to be a squad member & will expect guaranteed game time something we wouldn't offer Raz.

Hes 30 years old & doesn't have time on his side if it takes him 12 months to adjust to Peps football, like the midfielders Pep has signed.

He's been at PSG for 5 years & going to be playing against better defenders & won't get away with throwing himself to the floor

Pep didnt want Ronaldo who at the time would of been a better fit than Neymar would be now & will be on ridiculous wages.

Adjusting Pep football? He is former Barca-man, he already know on what to expect playing in our system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.