Neymar

Does anyone know if Le Parisien is a reliable source?

They are thought as one of the maybetrustworthy sources.

Hence, Though some details could be proven not true, I think the offer (or, at least sort of talk between the clubs) itself was true.

Still not Pep tho. I don’t remember Neymar openly talking about a chance to work with Tuchel ? Sterling has just signed.
Yeah but if we're not in for him then it's irrelevant whether he said he wanted to work with Pep.

I suggested Chelsea as a likely destination because if not us, then who? Chelsea seems like the most feasible to me.

If the trade rumour is true it means

a) PSG do want to get rid of Neymar
b) We were open enough to signing him that they put an offer of a trade in.

Now we may have rejected the trade, but as the transfer window carries on, if they still want to get rid (why would they change their minds) and we still want him (why would City change their minds?) then a deal could be struck.

Hopefully the British press pick this up and run with it because we know City have been pretty quick and definitive on shutting down nonsense rumours this summer.

If you believe the French media about the trade , then belive them that we will not sign neymar, no need for the British media to confirm it for you

Now we may have rejected the trade, but as the transfer window carries on, if they still want to get rid (why would they change their minds) and we still want him (why would City change their minds?) then a deal could be struck.

Hopefully the British press pick this up and run with it because we know City have been pretty quick and definitive on shutting down nonsense rumours this summer.

Nothing in that article suggests we were actually interested. In fact it claims the opposite.

It suggests just as much that they approached us for Bernardo with Neymar as a makeweight.

You are probably right, might not be the last we hear on this.

I think out of this entire saga, the biggest load of codswallop that we've heard in it is the idea that Pep doesn't want Neymar. He might not want Neymar at a certain price, but he's exactly a Pep type of player. We're essentially where we were yesterday as far as I'm concerned.

There is likely a certain amount of gamesmanship that goes with these negotiations. There is little doubt that the market for Neymar, despite his quality, at his current wages, is zero. He isn't the guy that can carry a team to the CL, and because he has been in a weak league for the past 5 years, on a stacked team, it remains to be seen whether or not he can carry a team in the EPL. Despite all of this, I suspect that Pep would take him at the right price. That price would never involve Bernardo.

Last edited:
I think out of this entire saga, the biggest load of codswallop that we've heard in it is the idea that Pep doesn't want Neymar. He might not want Neymar at a certain price, but he's exactly a Pep type of player. We're essentially where we were yesterday as far as I'm concerned.
Where is that exactly? In a loopy transfer universe, nothing is what it appears to be. -:)

It is not unusual for PSG to shit on their players through the Parisian media. And this has a whiff of that. 'Psg offered him to City, but City didn't want him and Pep doesn't want him upsetting the squad, look how shit Neymar is'.

If you believe the French media about the trade , then belive them that we will not sign neymar, no need for the British media to confirm it for you

That could read as though we will not go near Neymar with the figures involved.

If Neymar reduces his demands, or PSG agree to subsidise some of his wage to bring him in line with the rest of our players maybe the stance changes

Nothing in that article suggests we were actually interested. In fact it claims the opposite.

It suggests just as much that they approached us for Bernardo with Neymar as a makeweight.

You are probably right, might not be the last we hear on this.
For this much to reach the press, City will have been open to a conversation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.