Neymar

It’s that they think cover will do. They might be correct. If we don’t have the depth of other squads (numbers not quality) and get injuries we will suffer more than most. Pep telling us last season how little fit players he had but the club not, as yet, increasing the numbers is a weird one for me.

I get we need to keep players involved but I don’t like too much rotation in defence (as in a non full back playing FB). It doesn’t seem to matter as much in midfield and attack.

I Cancelo gets injured that’s like losing 2 full backs at once.
Agreed 100%. What gets me is that niggling worry in the back of everyone's minds can easily be resolved.

In: Zinchenko - £32m
Out: Cucurella - £50m
Possible: Raum/Sosa - £25m - £40m
Total possible cost: £58m

Total transfer summer 2022 surplus so far: £40m (Not including Torres or Alvarez)

Summary: Cucurella & one of the above would cost City a grand total of £18m. We've got squad places available, so I'm struggling to see what resolving our left back issues are? \0/

Another turd that just won't flush a bit like the fake Ron debacle last season. So glad we never signed that c*nt.

He'll want to be top dog, and though he's a brilliant footballer when he wants to be his attitude sucks, and when he spits his dummy out it ends up effecting the whole team.

Agreed 100%. What gets me is that niggling worry in the back of everyone's minds can easily be resolved.

In: Zinchenko - £32m
Out: Cucurella - £50m
Possible: Raum/Sosa - £25m - £40m
Total possible cost: £58m

Total transfer summer 2022 surplus so far: £40m (Not including Torres or Alvarez)

Summary: Cucurella & one of the above would cost City a grand total of £18m. We've got squad places available, so I'm struggling to see what resolving our left back issues are? \0/
We could even stay in the black if we sign Grimaldo as Cucu cover

We bought Mendy not so long ago. He was crap on the field and off it. This need to create a false narrative around 1 position is crazy. Cancelo can play both sides, Zin was effective to a degree, throw Ake into the mix aswell.

Posters are determined to find any flaw in our recruitment policy. We will buy another Lb this summer. How many players do you want to stockpile? It won’t be long before they will want to move if not getting adequate game time. See the 3 outgoings this summer in Sterling, Jesus and Zin.

We have 1 fantastic Rb in Walker and a very good player in Cancelo to cover both positions throw in another £50m defender and that is as good as it gets imo.

Maybe it’s the off season that has melted posters brains in this particular topic. It’s not black and white. Just like with out forwards interchanging roles and positions we expect our defenders to do the same.
8 senior defenders covering 4 positions over a 60+ game season is stockpiling? Okaaaaaaaaay... 8-|

Mate, I can drive to London from Manchester, or take public transport. I could also opt to cycle or even walk. Driving or public transport makes most sense just like having 8 senior defenders covering 4 positions.

Cycling or walking will eventually get me to London, but I think there's a better way. I suppose it's how different people approach problems.

In business, a mend & make do approach is essential to short term continuance. Long term though, you need a solid plan going forward or you'll eventually suffer as we did after Kompany left & in the final 6 weeks of last season.

We just see things differently mate. You're happy to mend & make do, I think we've had long enough to move from that position to one of permanently resolving our LB issues.

It's just a difference of opinions & approaches, where I just think mine makes more sense. If you disagree, that's cool as that's what makes footy forums the sea of opinions they are. Ultimately those who'll make the decisions won't pay a blind bit of notice to us & will do as they see fit for City. )(

8 senior defenders covering 4 positions over a 60+ game season is stockpiling? Okaaaaaaaaay... 8-|

Mate, I can drive to London from Manchester, or take public transport. I could also opt to cycle or even walk. Driving or public transport makes most sense just like having 8 senior defenders covering 4 positions.

Cycling or walking will eventually get me to London, but I think there's a better way. I suppose it's how different people approach problems.

In business, a mend & make do approach is essential to short term continuance. Long term though, you need a solid plan going forward or you'll eventually suffer as we did after Kompany left & in the final 6 weeks of last season.

We just see things differently mate. You're happy to mend & make do, I think we've had long enough to move from that position to one of permanently resolving our LB issues.

It's just a difference of opinions & approaches, where I just think mine makes more sense. If you disagree, that's cool as that's what makes footy forums the sea of opinions they are. Ultimately those who'll make the decisions won't pay a blind bit of notice to us & will do as they see fit for City. )(
Hehe glad you got that off your chest mate. Sometimes we can get caught up and go round and round on a subject.

Squad balance is just as important. Too many stars will lead to problems down the road. The discussion is healthy mate and it’s good to have both viewpoints. Strangely enough I think Cancelo is maybe the reason for a perceived lack of natural full backs.The fact he can operate in both flanks is a bonus and also a negative if you take the view that we need 4 fullbacks.

Personally 1 more FB is enough. I want Ake to have enough game time if he stays. Cancelo won’t be happy not playing. The new lb will want the majority of games. It’s a tough call and what ever pep decides will be good enough for me.

This is an interesting read i saw a while back, that i was reminded of by these discussions. Maybe in some ways we need to stop talking about missing an orthodox left back, because our leftbacks dont play that way. Or didnt, maybe Cucurella will be more 'traditional' in that respect.

Interesting stuff tbf
Some of it was quite telling

E442BFAB-7714-4886-A0D7-43FD3C071AAF.jpeg7A64C687-65F3-4B46-9137-EEF947FD16AB.jpeg96FD36DE-A3AB-4483-83F3-AFFF6CCDC232.jpeg

Hehe glad you got that off your chest mate. Sometimes we can get caught up and go round and round on a subject.

Squad balance is just as important. Too many stars will lead to problems down the road. The discussion is healthy mate and it’s good to have both viewpoints. Strangely enough I think Cancelo is maybe the reason for a perceived lack of natural full backs.The fact he can operate in both flanks is a bonus and also a negative if you take the view that we need 4 fullbacks.

Personally 1 more FB is enough. I want Ake to have enough game time if he stays. Cancelo won’t be happy not playing. The new lb will want the majority of games. It’s a tough call and what ever pep decides will be good enough for me.
Agreed. As I stated yesterday, I suspect our lack of FB cover has more to do with game time & less to do with the common sense of having adequate competition & cover.

One thing I must say is that the many squad changes this summer lead me to believe that Pep's trust in the wider squad wasn't as deep as some may think.

We had matches where we were comfortably in the lead with a quarter of the match remaining & Pep was reluctant to trust the squad & rotate with substitutions.

The changes this summer I suspect have been made with this in mind. I honestly believe that the quality of our squad's gene pool will be improved.

If I had a wish? I'd love 2 x LB's, a replacement for Sterling & to see more squad rotation & a greater use of the best of our academy players. This will make Dribble a happy Citizen! :-)

Agreed. As I stated yesterday, I suspect our lack of FB cover has more to do with game time & less to do with the common sense of having adequate competition & cover.

One thing I must say is that the many squad changes this summer lead me to believe that Pep's trust in the wider squad wasn't as deep as some may think.

We had matches where we were comfortably in the lead with a quarter of the match remaining & Pep was reluctant to trust the squad & rotate with substitutions.

The changes this summer I suspect have been made with this in mind. I honestly believe that the quality of our squad's gene pool will be improved.

If I had a wish? I'd love 2 x LB's, a replacement for Sterling & to see more squad rotation & a greater use of the best of our academy players. This will make Dribble a happy Citizen! :-)
Never mind all that…what about Neymar? -:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.