Neymar

Manx Blue said:
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-city/transfer-talk/news/city-make-first-neymar-contact_70042.html

Same as already doing the rounds I think

Just read this......Looks as though the Marquee signing plan is underway

Get it done please : )

I have not read one article which indicates this guy would prefer a move to the UK and also one that states he will move prior to the next world cup.

City probably putting feelers out but I expect Neymar's people just using us to bump up any future contract with team in spain

ANY1aBLUE said:
unexpected item said:
Setting us up for the 'Neymar snubs City' headlines.

yep - barca bound.................

Usual Neymar's agents and sponsors talk to the media routine, or they are pressing hard on Barca to make him offer/throwing in other clubs' names in the media to keep his transfer to Europe alive. I am inclined to take the latter as the case.

Ive just watched this, and it is incredible how much skill he has, and some of the goals are staggering...however, everytime i have sat down to watch him play, he has doen absolutely fuck all. imagine signing him for £40m+ lets say, pay him £150k a week, and he turns out to be another nasri type player, totally ineffective...im really not sure he will do the business in the prem

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEnWLaJvf64[/youtube]

The intention of embarking on Manchester City for Neymar involve many complications for the English club. For the quantities of money that would be needed and that the operation would go against the rules of fair play in UEFA economic.

The fact that the club has 'locked' to crack for over a year resulted in that, for all fans, Neymar's future until yesterday a very clear ofreciese azulgrana color. Therefore, the information according to which the MD City would provide a blank check to tempt the Brazilian was a novelty of the first order.

However, analyzing what is the real situation Neymar and private agreement with FC Barcelona closed, it can seem quite complicated call at another club when Neymar decided to make the leap to Europe.

First, because the FC Barcelona is 'shielded' closed the deal with the player and his environment. And that armor, as published Mundo Deportivo, Neymar force Barca to pay a penalty clause of 80 million euros. Clearly, in these cases it is the player who has to pay out of pocket this amount, but it is the club that tab that must meet this payment. A spectacular millionaire which should add another two huge expenditure items.

On one hand, it is clear that anyone who wanted to sign Neymar now have to pay a transfer. In the case of Barcelona, ​​this amount is estimated at about 40 million euros. Therefore, logic says it would have to start from the minimum amount in the event that any other club like Barca snatch.

That would give the sum and a staggering 120 million euros. But there would still be by adding another important part of the tab should perceive Neymar himself. A player who at 21 is already very well paid but that when the jump to Europe, still want to win more. From season could ask for between eight and ten million euros, pay your tab would be four or five seasons spent at least 40 million more. In total, and pulling it low, the operation would cost at least 160 million to anyone who wanted it removed Barca.

That's what mundo deportivo reckon he will cost on a 4 year deal...

At the moment he's staying at my friends hotel here in Cochabamba (with the Corinthians team) So I'm off to the hotel for breakfast ahem; I'm not expecting to get any info but you have to try!!

If Neymar came here, I think he would have a very difficult first year or so. He's a toothpick with to legs, and those cute tricks of his won't go down that well with the average PL defence.
He would need to bulk up big-time, and learn when and when not-to revert to fancy pansy crowd-pleasing stunts and amateur acting.

I'm not a fan of him at all.

I think the only place where he would flourish is in Brazil. I'm sure he'll do well for Barcelona though, but no where near a Ronaldo or Messi level.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2280765/Manchester-City-make-Neymar--EXCLUSIVE.html#ixzz2LIJ2Ex4M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2LIJ2Ex4M</a>

EXCLUSIVE: City strike for Neymar! Champions make move in race to land £55m-rated Brazilian

Manchester City, the club with the biggest spending power in the Barclays Premier League, have made the first move in the race to sign Brazil star Neymar.

City’s top two executives Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain are said to have held initial talks with Neymar’s family and his representatives in a box at Wembley on the night of England’s friendly against Brazil on February 6.

Chief executive Soriano and director of football Begiristain were guests of the FA in the VIP Wembley suite for the 150th anniversary match.

But the pair went to the trouble of visiting the IMG hospitality box - located on the other side of the stadium - in order to make contact with the Neymar camp and were spotted during their half-circuit of the corporate areas.

Sports management giants IMG are understood to have been entertaining Neymar’s father Neymar da Silva and the £55m-rated player’s marketing team from IMX Talent. The company is a joint venture with IMG to exploit sports business opportunities in Brazil.

They took control of Neymar’s off-field image rights and career guidance last July. He is under contract at Brazilian side Santos until the 2014 World Cup which takes place in Brazil.

City executives Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain are said to have held talks with Neymar's family and representatives in an executive box at Wembley during England's friendly against Brazil
England and Brazil at Wembley Stadium

The 21-year-old striker is expected to make his inevitable big-money move to Europe that summer, after a tournament which could dramatically increase his value.

There was much hype surrounding Neymar’s appearance in this country earlier this month but despite playing 90 minutes at Wembley the youngster failed to impress as England deservedly won the friendly 2-1.

That has not deterred top clubs like Barcelona from wanting to sign him and the Spanish giants are seen as one of the favourites for his signature.

But Abu Dhabi-owned City can afford to offer Neymar a similar package or better and have put down the first marker.

It also might be relevant that Spanish compatriots Soriano and Begiristain used to work together at Barcelona - reported to be the preferred choice of Neymar senior for his son - and could persuade the family to make the move to Manchester instead.

On Monday night, City were not prepared to comment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.