Neymar

I think it is harsh to judge Neymar on his performances for Brazil, which I guess most of you are doing given they're the most accessible games to see him play in.

I am of the opinion that it is difficult to play to the best of your abilities when the personnel is changing so frequently, especially at international level. If you take the best national teams they are filled with many players coming from 1/2/3 teams; Spain (Barca/Real), Germany (Bayern/Dortmund), Italy (Milan/Juventus). This gives a much more consistent base with players understanding each others game and as a result individual talent shines, such as Pirlo at Euro 2012.

The last Brazil squad was made up of players from 14 clubs.

I have not seen enough of Neymar to know whether or not he would be a success but from what I have my gut feeling is he is worth a punt. Whilst the Brazilian league is a million miles away from the standard of the Premier League I have no doubt he would cause problems for most defences.

Watch the video that has been posted closely. Ignore the fancy rainbow kicks and back flicks (however pleasing on the eye they are) and watch him attacking defenders, turning them inside out with the quick feet and ability to keep the ball. Imagine that defender as a 6ft 4in Ryan Shawcross/Robert Huth/any other uncultured lump of a centre back. They haven't got a chance in hell of keeping up with him and on the off chance they do they're taking the man resulting in a freekick/penalty and a yellow/red card.

If the option is there and if he wants to come then get him in. The face of Brazilian football will always have a resale value if it doesn't work out.

I agree with what some of you are saying that he is lightweight and that he does look good against weaker defences.

However you cannot write a player off on that basis..it is obsurd. It was not too long ago that certain clubs dismissed Messi due to his size and lack of growth. with the clubs saying he will never make it it the modern game - well Barca took the lad on and look what he has become.

Ok Neymar did not perform well against us at Wembley but that is just one performance, Zlatan used to get slated over here in the UK and was deemed shit cos' he never performed well against UK clubs, up until that goal for sweden a few weeks back when he became suddenly a great player !!!!!

we are looking to make that one major signing this summer, If we are not successful in getting Neymar, I would be more than happy if Txiki was able to nab Gerard Deulofeu from Barca's academy.

Lets not forget that when tranny joined the rags, he was a scrawny showboater who went down when clipped etc - However he turned into the 2nd best player in the world behind Messi, with a goal per game ratio that is record breaking.

So you have to ask yourself, would you be happy if either chelsea or the rags got Neymar instead and he became another world beater ?

Kun Aguero said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Kun Aguero said:
Should we sign Robbie Fucking Savage because he's got "Premiership experience" and gets stuck in?

brilliant.....remember samaras on you tube? what did robinho do really? remember kleberson at united? read my post for fuck sake! i know the marketing shite that surrounds him, however my point is will he be another expensive flop? have you actually seen him play well in a game?

Yes I do, Robinho joined 3 years too early(he was playing alongside Kelvin Ethu and Chad/Ched Evans ffs.) he could do a job now, how many games did Kleberson play for the rags? Sandro, Lucas, Oscar, Ramieres, Pubehead at the rags have proved more than good enough, only 4 players have scored 100 goals by 20(Messi, Pele, Maradonna and Neymar!) he's Brazil's main man! yes I've seen him, ESPN have highlights of the Brazillio league + friendly games, when he moves to Europe and proves he's world-class come back and say sorry.

Ramieres and oscar...jesus christ that just about says it all. ramieres runs round like a headless chicken for 90 mins, oscar has played in the prem for 5 minutes.

Kleberson, he was a proven international player, came here and was total wank

Youve seen ESPN highlights...behave yourself, highlights could make gareth taylor look good

Sandro took over 16 months to even start playing in the first team, but i will give you that one, he does look a player

Lucas - best player in Brazil, total horseshit for 2 - 3 seasons, then plays a few good games, and all of a sudden he is ruud gullit.

How you can mention neymar in the same thread as messi and pele, should be a week ban from bluemoon

As for robinho, the man is a total wanker. you play for real madrid, and behave like a ****, that makes you a real ****. complete arrogant mercanary, like most "talented" brazilians

You say sorry, with nobs on

-- Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:38 pm --

BlueMoonz1977 said:
I agree with what some of you are saying that he is lightweight and that he does look good against weaker defences.

However you cannot write a player off on that basis..it is obsurd. It was not too long ago that certain clubs dismissed Messi due to his size and lack of growth. with the clubs saying he will never make it it the modern game - well Barca took the lad on and look what he has become.

Ok Neymar did not perform well against us at Wembley but that is just one performance, Zlatan used to get slated over here in the UK and was deemed shit cos' he never performed well against UK clubs, up until that goal for sweden a few weeks back when he became suddenly a great player !!!!!

we are looking to make that one major signing this summer, If we are not successful in getting Neymar, I would be more than happy if Txiki was able to nab Gerard Deulofeu from Barca's academy.

Lets not forget that when tranny joined the rags, he was a scrawny showboater who went down when clipped etc - However he turned into the 2nd best player in the world behind Messi, with a goal per game ratio that is record breaking.

So you have to ask yourself, would you be happy if either chelsea or the rags got Neymar instead and he became another world beater ?

I agree with you, but all im saying is £40m + deal, god knows how much per week, and what will we DEFINITELY get from him?

Tranny was 12.5m ish, and probably would have been on £30 - £40k a week? its not even like the same risk really is it?

Cheadle Blue said:
Kun Aguero said:
Cheadle Blue said:
brilliant.....remember samaras on you tube? what did robinho do really? remember kleberson at united? read my post for fuck sake! i know the marketing shite that surrounds him, however my point is will he be another expensive flop? have you actually seen him play well in a game?

Yes I do, Robinho joined 3 years too early(he was playing alongside Kelvin Ethu and Chad/Ched Evans ffs.) he could do a job now, how many games did Kleberson play for the rags? Sandro, Lucas, Oscar, Ramieres, Pubehead at the rags have proved more than good enough, only 4 players have scored 100 goals by 20(Messi, Pele, Maradonna and Neymar!) he's Brazil's main man! yes I've seen him, ESPN have highlights of the Brazillio league + friendly games, when he moves to Europe and proves he's world-class come back and say sorry.

Ramieres and oscar...jesus christ that just about says it all. ramieres runs round like a headless chicken for 90 mins, oscar has played in the prem for 5 minutes.

Kleberson, he was a proven international player, came here and was total wank

Youve seen ESPN highlights...behave yourself, highlights could make gareth taylor look good

Sandro took over 16 months to even start playing in the first team, but i will give you that one, he does look a player

Lucas - best player in Brazil, total horseshit for 2 - 3 seasons, then plays a few good games, and all of a sudden he is ruud gullit.

How you can mention neymar in the same thread as messi and pele, should be a week ban from bluemoon

As for robinho, the man is a total wanker. you play for real madrid, and behave like a ****, that makes you a real ****. complete arrogant mercanary, like most "talented" brazilians

You say sorry, with nobs on

-- Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:38 pm --

BlueMoonz1977 said:

I agree with you, but all im saying is £40m + deal, god knows how much per week, and what will we DEFINITELY get from him?

Tranny was 12.5m ish, and probably would have been on £30 - £40k a week? its not even like the same risk really is it?

I have exactly the same reservations (& the same opinion of that wanker Robinho). I'm not saying I'm convinced Neymar would fail but I'm cetainly far from convinced he would be a star here. I need to see him go up a level if he's to be worth the kind of money talked about.

We have no guarantee that City or Barca etc do actually want to sign him though, just waffle in the media. It could just be networking by the bosses, to keep an option & they may be doing the same with another 30 talented young players who aren't so publicity concious.

Easily the most skillful player I've witnessed, But not sure about that price tag.
Big gamble but i feel that with the players we have now he would flourish, where as Robinho, lets be honest, was playing with players who were nowhere near the caliber of our current squad.

Roll on summer!!

I think the fact he is huge in South America and is a Nike player is most important facet to this transfer. He's a marquee player and is 100% the best of the current emerging crop in Brazil.

1 bad game v England and he's shite. Zlatan was wank for years until he buried England the other day.

He's one of those players who comes and once settled takes the league by storm. With teh way our leagues going in reference to siding with attackers rather than defenders I reckon he will be afforded the protection he'll need. He also gives us pace and an attacking threat that makes chances from nothing.

4-3-3 (left to right)

Hart

clichy
nasty
kompany
zaba

Yaya
Barry
Milner

Silva
Aguero
Neymar

I'd be thrilled with that.

With FFP can we afford to put so much money in for one player?
No doubt he has exceptional skill but the PL seems to be more physical than any other European league.
Players can shine elsewhere but struggle here.
I fully agree we need world class players but can the "big money" be better spent?

Madrid president Perez is willing to pay 100M for Santos player Neymar: 50M to Santos and 50M to Barcelona, who have pre-deal. [el pais]

via @barcastuff

Madrid are back in for him, not sure how reliable el pais is

I'm sure people asking "will he make it in europe" asked same about Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and other numerous great Brazilian players who did it.

My only concern about Neymar is how he would mentally deal with it. He's everyone's pet boy in Brazil and no chance he's find that anywhere in Europe, out of that he has all necessary football skills to match anyone who made it in Europe.

Money connected with signing him is huge though and does not justify signing him in purely football stuff. But he is so big in one of the World's biggest countries that it would be easily recovered.

cmdub said:
Madrid president Perez is willing to pay 100M for Santos player Neymar: 50M to Santos and 50M to Barcelona, who have pre-deal. [el pais]

via @barcastuff

Madrid are back in for him, not sure how reliable el pais is

This has got to be one of the biggest pieces of bullshit ever regarding a transfer. As if Madrid would give their biggest rivals 50 fucking million euros for a player they don't even own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.