Neymar

Matt the Giant said:
If Neymar came here, I think he would have a very difficult first year or so. He's a toothpick with to legs, and those cute tricks of his won't go down that well with the average PL defence.
He would need to bulk up big-time, and learn when and when not-to revert to fancy pansy crowd-pleasing stunts and amateur acting.

I'm not a fan of him at all.

I think the only place where he would flourish is in Brazil. I'm sure he'll do well for Barcelona though, but no where near a Ronaldo or Messi level.

This. Would probably be like Robinho all over again. Much rather have Cavani or Falcao.

Cheadle Blue said:
Ive just watched this, and it is incredible how much skill he has, and some of the goals are staggering...however, everytime i have sat down to watch him play, he has doen absolutely fuck all. imagine signing him for £40m+ lets say, pay him £150k a week, and he turns out to be another nasri type player, totally ineffective...im really not sure he will do the business in the prem

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEnWLaJvf64[/youtube]

Should we sign Robbie Fucking Savage because he's got "Premiership experience" and gets stuck in?

Oddly enough I think Robinho would have done well in the current city Set Up.

This forum would prefer a team of XI Scotty Parker's.

I think Scott Parker is the other extreme. I'd prefer pretty much our current team plus Falcao instead of Dzeko and Bale instead of Sinclair.

Kun Aguero said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Ive just watched this, and it is incredible how much skill he has, and some of the goals are staggering...however, everytime i have sat down to watch him play, he has doen absolutely fuck all. imagine signing him for £40m+ lets say, pay him £150k a week, and he turns out to be another nasri type player, totally ineffective...im really not sure he will do the business in the prem

Should we sign Robbie Fucking Savage because he's got "Premiership experience" and gets stuck in?

brilliant.....remember samaras on you tube? what did robinho do really? remember kleberson at united? read my post for fuck sake! i know the marketing shite that surrounds him, however my point is will he be another expensive flop? have you actually seen him play well in a game?

20sbc07 said:
Wouldn't want him at all.

Terrible attitude and nothing special.

thank you very much, fukkin overrated player, i heard that guardiola wants him to join bayern, i hope it, i want götze!

How could anyone think spending 50m on Neymar is okay?
I don't think we should EVER break the record we set buying Aguero.
Forget Cavani, forget Falcao and certainly forget Neymar (who is the worst of the three). We should be spending money like that on 2/3 players, we don't always have to go for 25m rated players, when we can get much better players for less.

50m can be spent on players to provide different aspects to our game, like buying a really good winger.

Jack Wills said:
Matt the Giant said:
If Neymar came here, I think he would have a very difficult first year or so. He's a toothpick with to legs, and those cute tricks of his won't go down that well with the average PL defence.
He would need to bulk up big-time, and learn when and when not-to revert to fancy pansy crowd-pleasing stunts and amateur acting.

I'm not a fan of him at all.

I think the only place where he would flourish is in Brazil. I'm sure he'll do well for Barcelona though, but no where near a Ronaldo or Messi level.

This. Would probably be like Robinho all over again. Much rather have Cavani or Falcao.

Two players who adds something different to our side than what Neymar would, but I know what you mean.

Neymar has done absolutely nothing against a good European side or for the national team which would support his label as the third best player in the world. So he shines in Brazil, big deal.

We do need a winger though, but someone like Lavezzi or Moura (a better player than Neymar imo) would, I guess, add more to our team than Neymar at this stage would.
Not as many shirt sales though.

I'd expect him to stay for only a year, maybe two if he came here. After that he'd start complaining about everything from the City to the weather and we'd have to sell an unhappy player at a loss.

Of course he's a very talented footballer, and in a side and league like Barcelona and La Liga I think his qualities will be much better suited. And I think he knows this too.

mgreenz97 said:
How could anyone think spending 50m on Neymar is okay?
I don't think we should EVER break the record we set buying Aguero.
Forget Cavani, forget Falcao and certainly forget Neymar (who is the worst of the three). We should be spending money like that on 2/3 players, we don't always have to go for 25m rated players, when we can get much better players for less.

50m can be spent on players to provide different aspects to our game, like buying a really good winger.

I agree with this in general. BUT... if we sell Dzeko this summer due to us receiving a good offer from Germany and the fact that he himself wants to go back "home", or Tevez is sold while we still have a chance of getting some money for him, or possibly both! - Then we will need to reinforce with a big name, and we would probably be bale to justify the cost with the money we get from any sales.

Cavani or Falcao, definitely not both as some here suggests, to be one our two main strikers together with Kun.
Bring in Jovetic, who could play pretty much anywhere in our attack and give the fourth striker position to Guidetti.

Shouldn't hurt us too much financially. Cavani/Falcoa + Jovetic would probably not be more expensive than Neymar, and know what I'd prefer.

We'd still need wide pacey players though on top of that.

Cheadle Blue said:
Kun Aguero said:
Cheadle Blue said:

brilliant.....remember samaras on you tube? what did robinho do really? remember kleberson at united? read my post for fuck sake! i know the marketing shite that surrounds him, however my point is will he be another expensive flop? have you actually seen him play well in a game?

Yes I do, Robinho joined 3 years too early(he was playing alongside Kelvin Ethu and Chad/Ched Evans ffs.) he could do a job now, how many games did Kleberson play for the rags? Sandro, Lucas, Oscar, Ramieres, Pubehead at the rags have proved more than good enough, only 4 players have scored 100 goals by 20(Messi, Pele, Maradonna and Neymar!) he's Brazil's main man! yes I've seen him, ESPN have highlights of the Brazillio league + friendly games, when he moves to Europe and proves he's world-class come back and say sorry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.