Neymar

cordonbleu said:
NipHolmes said:
kippaxwarrior said:
That Guillem bloke on sky is utterly convinced that he is going to Barca
If he goes to them this summer he will lose 29M euros in bonuses but if he waits to join them in summer 2014 he will get that bonus
He also said that if any other club sign him not only do they have to pay Santos the transfer fee but they will have to pay Barca a 40M euro compensation fee
How the hell does that work? Paying a club money for a player who has never signed for them

Barca apparently put down a 10m euro deposit on him with view to buy in 2014.

Both Barca and Neymar's agent father have denied that tabloid story.

Neymar will end up at Real, if/when Ronaldo leaves imho

Pam said:
Why does everyone in this country think Neymar is pure hype? Not saying they're wrong but just wondering about the basis for this opinion
Don't know about the rest, and I'm just judging from my limited resource of YouTube videos - the defending and pressing in Brazilian league seems pretty shite to me. They aren't intensified, and leave gaps and acres of space for Neymar to perform his "samba".

I don't know about him in La Liga/Serie A, but with his current ability and style, I highly doubt he would flourish in the Premier League. Even Phil Bardsley would have quickly closed and brought him down before he could accomplish his fancy tricks.

Don't think he's pure hype, lad's clearly got enormous potential. Just think he wouldn't be suited to England.

Oscar, Lucas, Ramires? Yes.
Neymar? No.

Pam said:
Why does everyone in this country think Neymar is pure hype? Not saying they're wrong but just wondering about the basis for this opinion
Well many will have watched him properly in the most recent international games, specifically the England game and seen a player that was basically handled throughout the game and had no impact.

For a player who will be "the greatest of all time" to be beaten all the time by Gary bloody Cahill you can understand the worry of us signing him.

Anyone can look good on YouTube and as has been said the Brazilian league isn't fantastic for defending so he looks amazing.

Think of Robinho and then multiply the shit he gave us by 10!

No thanks.

Do people going on about the Brazilian league being shite realize that this guy has 19 goals in his first 31 international games? For a player just turned 21 that is fucking outstanding.

Messi/Ronaldo aside, there is no single attacking player on the planet that fits the bill for what we're looking for at the moment more than Neymar, and considering the 2 players mentioned don't even play out wide any more I probably wouldn't count them either. Every attribute we lack as an attacking force, he has.

conormcfc said:
Do people going on about the Brazilian league being shite realize that this guy has 19 goals in his first 31 international games? For a player just turned 21 that is fucking outstanding.

Messi/Ronaldo aside, there is no single attacking player on the planet that fits the bill for what we're looking for at the moment more than Neymar, and considering the 2 players mentioned don't even play out wide any more I probably wouldn't count them either. Every attribute we lack as an attacking force, he has.

The only goal on his CV that isn't against a B Side or team in the top 10 is against Germany. His goals include USA B-Sides, China, Iraq, Costa Rica.

The level of competition just isn't there.

Id sooner splash the cash on Bale, a proven talent with fantastic further potential.A superb attitude and his integration into the team would probably also be smoother.<br /><br />-- 10 Apr 2013 08:29 --<br /><br />Id sooner splash the cash on Bale, a proven talent with fantastic further potential.A superb attitude and his integration into the team would probably also be smoother.

alky313 said:
conormcfc said:

The only goal on his CV that isn't against a B Side or team in the top 10 is against Germany. His goals include USA B-Sides, China, Iraq, Costa Rica.

The level of competition just isn't there.
And a couple against Argentina...

If it was that easy, every player would do it at international level.

Compare his international record to someone like C.Ronaldo. 38 goals in just over 100 caps, with 3 goals against Holland and 1 against Argentina being the only 4 goals he has against top sides.

Neymar is tearing up the international stage like no player has in a long time, simple as that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.