Neymar

I would love it mate, just for the meltdown.

Maybe they want Neymar to bring in the new era/stadium in New York?

Isn't that district a big Hispanic area?

could be mate, not entirely sure but like you say he would be a statement signing no question. I wonder if Bernardo wanted Paris something could be done? Cash in our favour obviously but i do think Pep could put fire in his belly again.

Let’s be honest here - IF we signed him, the stadium would go ballistic with neymar fever. Shirt sales would go through the roof, the MCFC potential world domination would increase, you would go to more matches and the media would be in orgasm mode. Yes, he could cause disruptions in dressing room, I get that, but he’d get me on the edge of my seat more and that’s what entertainment is all about surely ?

For me, all that might have been true five, six, seven years ago. Now? A 31 year old who barely manages 20 league games a season? He's far from "the next big thing" he once was. And while I'm sure he's still got big pull on social media, I don't think his arrival would transform the club even a fraction of what Haaland did. It would be seen as an odd, out of character signing and big questions would be asked about where he'd fit and whether he could adapt to the Prem after lounging about in Ligue 1 for so long.

"Media in orgasm mode"? Have you seen how the media talks about us? They'd have an absolute riot trotting out the "City waste money on disruptive has-been" articles.

Same for the "shirt sales through the roof" comment. In Santos and Rio, maybe. In Manchester? I can't see any young lad picking a Neymar top over a Haaland one. Not these days. Times have changed.

No, I don't think he'd have anywhere near that level of impact, either off the pitch or on it. If he comes, fine, I always support the club, but I will not miss a beat of sleep if he doesn't.

For me, all that might have been true five, six, seven years ago. Now? A 31 year old who barely manages 20 league games a season? He's far from "the next big thing" he once was. And while I'm sure he's still got big pull on social media, I don't think his arrival would transform the club even a fraction of what Haaland did. It would be seen as an odd, out of character signing and big questions would be asked about where he'd fit and whether he could adapt to the Prem after lounging about in Ligue 1 for so long.

"Media in orgasm mode"? Have you seen how the media talks about us? They'd have an absolute riot trotting out the "City waste money on disruptive has-been" articles.

Same for the "shirt sales through the roof" comment. In Santos and Rio, maybe. In Manchester? I can't see any young lad picking a Neymar top over a Haaland one. Not these days. Times have changed.

No, I don't think he'd have anywhere near that level of impact, either off the pitch or on it. If he comes, fine, I always support the club, but I will not miss a beat of sleep if he doesn't.
Spot on.

could be mate, not entirely sure but like you say he would be a statement signing no question. I wonder if Bernardo wanted Paris something could be done? Cash in our favour obviously but i do think Pep could put fire in his belly again.

I don't see Bernie going to Paris if Mbappe is leaving?

It has been Mbappe who has been pushing PSG to sign his mate up.

Desperate for Bernie to stay, another two years of him is worth five of your average player.

What I don't want is him ruining his status if he starts to speak publicly about wanting to quit if City insist on him staying, even if he won't sign a new deal.

I really don't get it.

Stay for another three years, become an even bigger legend, join Benfica for free and enjoy the rest of your lives together as a family.

In the meantime, win a fuckload more trophies.

I should post my top 10.

Bruno F.
Antony
Gabriel Magalhaes
Savic
Vrsaljko
Andy Robertson
Jordan Henderson
Richarlison
C Ronaldo
Neymar

Active players through 2022-23

Desperate for Bernie to stay, another two years of him is worth five of your average player.

What I don't want is him ruining his status if he starts to speak publicly about wanting to quit if City insist on him staying, even if he won't sign a new deal.

I really don't get it.

Stay for another three years, become an even bigger legend, join Benfica for free and enjoy the rest of your lives together as a family.

Yeah.

No better team for Bernie to play for.

As to Neymar, can’t see City getting him to Mcr but he’d be sensational for us.

I really don't get it.

I think we all want Bernardo to stay, would that affect a winger or extra CM coming in though?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.