Nfl Fantasy League draft tonight at 8:30pm

Everyone happy with there team from last night then?

Started off linking our Usernames on here to our team names, just so we know who were up against come Matchday, add yours to it if I haven't got yours:

Team Name - Bluemoon Username

Brees'ing the League - MCFC1993
City Chargers - Jay_Mcfc
City Raider - City Raider
MCFC OK - LHarper
Muffalo Kills - Paddy_Blue
notinmylifetime - Onerbag
Stupendous - welcometomanchester

Maybe update it to the title page when completed

Jay_mcfc = City Chargers

QB Cam Newton
RB Demarco Ware
RB Fred Jackson
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Demarius Thomas
TE Vernon Davies (someone took Gates very early!)
W/R Dez Bryant
K Nate Kaeding
Def NYJ

Bench: Luck, Jonathon Stewart RB, Kevin Smith RB, Justin Blackmon WR, Greg Olsen TE, Chargers def.

Picking No.9 was pretty bad in the end, the top 8 were obvious and after that there was no real value. My aim was to get Rivers in round 6 to be my QB but I had no choice but to grab Cam Newton in the first. Sure he'll be good though.

MCFC1993 - Brees'ing the League

QB - Michael Vick
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Trent Richardson
WR - Victor Cruz
WR - DeSean Jackson
TE - Jimmy Graham
W/R - (WR) Vincent Jackson
K - Mason Crosby
D - Baltimore Ravens

Bench:

QB - Ben Roethlisberger
RB - Roy Helu
WR - Anquan Boldin
TE - Jermaine Gresham
K - Matt Bryant
D - Seattle Seahawks

Happy with my team and wanted a backup in every position just for the fact that it could mean the difference. Think I have two of my wide receivers on a bye one week which means I might have to waiver someone (Didn't really plan that out!).

Will swap put Boldin and the Seahawks in first week though. Looks like i'm up against Jay's team above me, looks like a close one, I hope Dez Bryant feels his knee and needs to sit out! :D

MCFC1993 said:
MCFC1993 - Brees'ing the League

QB - Michael Vick
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Trent Richardson
WR - Victor Cruz
WR - DeSean Jackson
TE - Jimmy Graham
W/R - (WR) Vincent Jackson
K - Mason Crosby
D - Baltimore Ravens

Bench:

QB - Ben Roethlisberger
RB - Roy Helu
WR - Anquan Boldin
TE - Jermaine Gresham
K - Matt Bryant
D - Seattle Seahawks

Happy with my team and wanted a backup in every position just for the fact that it could mean the difference. Think I have two of my wide receivers on a bye one week which means I might have to waiver someone (Didn't really plan that out!).

Will swap put Boldin and the Seahawks in first week though. Looks like i'm up against Jay's team above me, looks like a close one, I hope Bryant feels his knee and needs to sit out! :D

GREAT team. You have a lot of depth at each postion. Don't really like Helu though, can never trust a Redskins RB, but as a backup you could do a lot worse.

Didn't do any fantasy football this year, as it took over my life last year (I did win my league though!) But, seeing the teams and that, I really wish I had now!<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:22 pm --<br /><br />
jay_mcfc said:
Jay_mcfc = City Chargers

QB Cam Newton
RB Demarco Ware
RB Fred Jackson
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Demarius Thomas
TE Vernon Davies (someone took Gates very early!)
W/R Dez Bryant
K Nate Kaeding
Def NYJ

Bench: Luck, Jonathon Stewart RB, Kevin Smith RB, Justin Blackmon WR, Greg Olsen TE, Chargers def.

Picking No.9 was pretty bad in the end, the top 8 were obvious and after that there was no real value. My aim was to get Rivers in round 6 to be my QB but I had no choice but to grab Cam Newton in the first. Sure he'll be good though.

I'd say Cam Newton is pretty good value at 9! His rushing TD's will come down from last year, but so should his picks.

Cheers Weaver99, I did a bit of research, relatively new to NFL and fantasy football, began watching back in 2009/2010 season when the saints won and from then on have loved the sport. Couple of my picks were shot in the darks but I'm confident my team can put up a stronger fight this year.

I'm pretty happy with my team, though there seems to be a bit more of a downer on Larry Fitzgerald. One of the other players went RB RB RB in the first three rounds which would have been what I did had I picked in the first 6. Didn't really want Fitzgerald or Newton in the 1st and 2nd but they will both still score a lot of points I'm sure. I like Ware and Jackson as my two main RB and I also like Bryant and Moore with Peyton throwing to him. Vern Davies is always a solid TE too, but I really wanted Gates after the pre-season; he is back to his 2007 best...and fitness by all accounts. Move over Gronk and Graham, the HoF TE is back!!

pudge said:
For the love of God, who got Julio?!?

He went undrafted!

Actually I probably should have drafted him ahead of Fitzgerald, might have made a boo boo there. Think he went at about 12/13

pudge said:

Fallowfield Flyers is their team name, not sure who it is on here.<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:29 pm --<br /><br />
jay_mcfc said:
pudge said:

He went undrafted!

Actually I probably should have drafted him ahead of Fitzgerald, might have made a boo boo there. Think he went at about 12/13

Fallowfield Flyers has Julio Jones.

jay_mcfc said:
I'm pretty happy with my team, though there seems to be a bit more of a downer on Larry Fitzgerald. One of the other players went RB RB RB in the first three rounds which would have been what I did had I picked in the first 6. Didn't really want Fitzgerald or Newton in the 1st and 2nd but they will both still score a lot of points I'm sure. I like Ware and Jackson as my two main RB and I also like Bryant and Moore with Peyton throwing to him. Vern Davies is always a solid TE too, but I really wanted Gates after the pre-season; he is back to his 2007 best...and fitness by all accounts. Move over Gronk and Graham, the HoF TE is back!!

It's not a downer on Fitz, it's who is throwing him the ball I am afraid. Saying that, I am sure he still had a 1000yd receiving season last year.

Demaryius Thomas will be massive this year, as will Eric Decker. I am a Broncos fan (have been since the Cutler and Marshall era, Bears will do well this year) and Peyton looked back to his best against the 49ers. The AFC West is gonna be a really competitive division this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.