Nfl Fantasy League draft tonight at 8:30pm

jay_mcfc said:
It's me who's got the Jets defense, City Charger. I need a good performance from Newton, not happening so far. Fred Jackson went down very early whilst another of my RB on the bench had 2 TD!

The Jets have pissed both my bets up too the wanks. Where the hell have they got those points from!

Interceptions, sacks, return touchdowns, mental! Even there O turned up today who were bloody shocking in pre-season! I'd have had the Jets to lose that game too. Hope Jacksons alright, would it be wrong to say I was secretly fistpumping when he couldn't continue haha. As long as Newton stays below the 300 passing yard mark i'll be happy!

Another little note Griffin and Luck went to 2nd and 3rd of all time for passing yards and their debut, ahead of Manning I think who had 308 yards behind Cam Newton, well done to them!

MCFC1993 said:
pudge said:
MCFC1993 said:
Bit gutted that the saints were beat, the offense were too little too late. But the atmosphere always seems brilliant in Louisiana. With all that had gone on and no Sean Payton there this year I really thought we wouldn't make the playoffs, but I seen enough towards the end to suggest Brees will get them going.

Hope my Seahawks D can do a job, I benched the Ravens D just for this week. Vick redeemed himself tonight...

Any chance Cam Newton will have a shocker? :D
Brees is a garbage time QB that's in a stat padding offence

Brees is up there with Rodgers and Brady as the greatest QB's in the league and he will go down as one of the very best.
Because all the saints do is deep passes and screens.

I could put up decent numbers in their offence.

Watched a lot of the New Orleans game, RG3 is an absolute stud. Immense player not only for the future but for now as well. Been a pretty awesome start to the NFL season, would be better if it weren't for those bloody Jets

pudge said:
MCFC1993 said:
pudge said:
Brees is a garbage time QB that's in a stat padding offence

Brees is up there with Rodgers and Brady as the greatest QB's in the league and he will go down as one of the very best.

I'll agree that they put up deep passes and a lot of time it pays off because of how the offense is set up which obviously plays to Brees strength. Very exciting to watch though I think.

However I think only the very best quarterbacks could do what Brees does, this is a guy who broke Dan Marino's passing yards in a season record, now that is an achievement!

jay_mcfc said:
Watched a lot of the New Orleans game, RG3 is an absolute stud. Immense player not only for the future but for now as well. Been a pretty awesome start to the NFL season, would be better if it weren't for those bloody Jets

Haha what was the bet that you had on?

Very impressed with Griffin today, his decision making and vision was fantastic, especially that first touchdown. One thing I think he'll have to get use to as the games go on is the speed of the defensive teams, he won't get as much time to make his own rushes that he was doing at collegiate level.

MCFC1993 said:
pudge said:
MCFC1993 said:

I'll agree that they put up deep passes and a lot of time it pays off because of how the offense is set up which obviously plays to Brees strength. Very exciting to watch though I think.

However I think only the very best quarterbacks could do what Brees does, this is a guy who broke Dan Marino's passing yards in a season record, now that is an achievement!
They ran the ball 4 times the entire second half.

He broke Marino's record, which is impressive, but by throwing 100 more attempts (with 2 less TDs) The Saints are a pass first (and sometimes only) team so breaking Marino's record (when offences were a lot more balanced) isn't that surprising.

RGIII (26) throw half as many passes as Brees (52) today and completed just 5 (and 19 yards) less.

I had the Patriots, Browns and Bills on the handicap. The Jets decided they'd be good on both sides of the ball for once

jay_mcfc said:
I had the Patriots, Browns and Bills on the handicap. The Jets decided they'd be good on both sides of the ball for once
I had Buffalo on a bet too, so far 3 of the other teams won, if Seattle and Denver win I'll be pissed off.

Did anyone just see that David Akers FG for the 49ers? 63yrd which ties the NFL record and was 7 yards further than his previous best! It hit the bar and went over.

The 49ers defense is amazing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.