NFL season 2013/2014

Fantasy question guys,

I missed my draft so got autodraft, need to rebuild a lot of my team tbh

Got Freeman as my number 2 QB (only behind Cam Newton mind :( ) but Bradford is sitting on the Waiver Wire... think I should swap them out?

My Week One Team:

uygo.png

MJD, Dezzy Bryant, dissappointed but going to stick with them as they are class.

Kenbrell Thompkins, 14 targets, joint second most amongst WRs, caught 4 for 42 yards... cannot decide if this is good ro bad

Good side - He's getting targets and looks to be a real part of the offence
Bad side - He obviously can't catch

Miller - getting benched from the Flex

Waiver Wire atm is Edelmen (WR) in for Buccs D

jay_mcfc said:
Michael Vick is a horrible, horrible man. If he breaks both legs against the Chargers next week I will be a happy man.

Meanwhile half the nfl is out shooting deer with a crossbow, while taking an absurd amount of drugs , cheating on their wives and whatever else pudge described. I'm not sure why Vick would be held to a higher standard than anybody else, I don't think he'll be sainted at any point , but damn if all professional athletes were judged as harshly as he was there wouldn't be professional sports. The average human is just as fucked up as him really.

As far as my once in a generation comment , 50 years from now Vick will be remembered fondly , at most Matty ice will be looked back as an underachieving playoff loser.

rick773 said:
Meanwhile half the nfl is out shooting deer with a crossbow, while taking an absurd amount of drugs , cheating on their wives and whatever else pudge described. I'm not sure why Vick would be held to a higher standard than anybody else, I don't think he'll be sainted at any point , but damn if all professional athletes were judged as harshly as he was there wouldn't be professional sports. The average human is just as fucked up as him really.

As far as my once in a generation comment , 50 years from now Vick will be remembered fondly , at most Matty ice will be looked back as an underachieving playoff loser.

I don't care what half the NFL are doing, we are talking about Michael Vick. He is scum, vermin, whatever you want to call him and the fact he makes millions of dollars whilst being cheered by thousands of fans doesn't sit well with me. I hope he crashes and burns and I hope the Chargers hospitalise him on Sunday.

<a class="postlink" href="http://aldf.org/resources/laws-cases/animal-fighting-case-study-michael-vick/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://aldf.org/resources/laws-cases/an ... hael-vick/</a>

Im getting more and more into American football recently after the Super Bowl, maybe because for once I didn't watch it alone as I saw it in my student union with friends that understood the game and a large American crowd. Now that I understand the game more I think I appreciate it more although I still believe rugby is a far more physical and demanding sport. This year though I do want to follow the NFL season and have chosen to follow the Indianapolis Colts, and was wondering if anyone here knows of a good website I can catch up on the highlights i've missed.

MCFC1993 said:
Hope I wake up and Antonio Gates gets another 3.40 points or more. Thats all I trail to with one half of football left this weekend.

I hoped he has scored more than 19 points as I moved him into my team instead of Witten.

You will be happy but I am not 4.5 points, bollocks, bollocks and more bollocks :(

bell_mcfc said:
Im getting more and more into American football recently after the Super Bowl, maybe because for once I didn't watch it alone as I saw it in my student union with friends that understood the game and a large American crowd. Now that I understand the game more I think I appreciate it more although I still believe rugby is a far more physical and demanding sport. This year though I do want to follow the NFL season and have chosen to follow the Indianapolis Colts, and was wondering if anyone here knows of a good website I can catch up on the highlights i've missed.

NFL.com

Easy as that.. click on the score of the game you want along the top and you get game highlights. Also a fair amount of punditry up there too as well as segments on team tactics etc.

They give a lot for free

rick773 said:
jay_mcfc said:
Michael Vick is a horrible, horrible man. If he breaks both legs against the Chargers next week I will be a happy man.

Vick will not be remembered fondly

You come across as an impressionable child, a naïve one at that. You asked what has he ever done to be considered a ****, I feel the list of offences I offered more than justify that label.

Just last year Eagles fans were calling for his head, one game won't change everything.

As for your Ryan comment, for whatever reason you brought him up, he has the most wins by any QB in history over the first 5 years of their career, led the league in completion percentage last year, has increased his TD production every single season, has made the play offs 4 out of his 5 season, has the most game winning drives and 4th quarter comebacks in his first 5 years than anyone else, and a better than 2:1 TD to interception ratio.

Vick's been in the league longer than Ryan and acheived less, how will he not be remembered as a failure? Vick may be remembered but it won't be for what he did on the field

Ryan will win a Superbowl before he retires, because he's a great QB, unlike Vick. Ryan led us to a blown call from the refs away from a shot at it last year.

Last night you came across as completely oblivious to what Vick had done. The drugs, the prison time, the disrespect, the obscene gestures.

Ron Mexico may have made the Falcons exciting, but Ryan makes us relevant. Give any GM in football a choice between Vick or Ryan and Vick's in the unemployment line.

With you hanging off his hinge end by the sound of it, might want to get yourself to the clinic if that's the case.

But I'm still not sure why you brought Ryan into it so let's not make this into a Vick/Ryan debate, not only because it will be a landslide but because its not the point. Maybe it was just a very, very poor attempt at a cheap shot, I don't know

The only excuse you can have for your ignorance is if you have only just started following the NFL for 2/3 years, even then you must have lived on Mars, with your eyes shut, and your fingers in your ears to not consider Vick a disgrace.

bell_mcfc said:

Good choice, same as myself.

pudge said:
rick773 said:
jay_mcfc said:

You come across as an impressionable child, a naïve one at that. You asked what has he ever done to be considered a ****, I feel the list of offences I offered more than justify that label.

Just last year Eagles fans were calling for his head, one game won't change everything.

As for your Ryan comment, for whatever reason you brought him up, he has the most wins by any QB in history over the first 5 years of their career, led the league in completion percentage last year, has increased his TD production every single season, has made the play offs 4 out of his 5 season, has the most game winning drives and 4th quarter comebacks in his first 5 years than anyone else, and a better than 2:1 TD to interception ratio.

Vick's been in the league longer than Ryan and acheived less, how will he not be remembered as a failure? Vick may be remembered but it won't be for what he did on the field

Ryan will win a Superbowl before he retires, because he's a great QB, unlike Vick. Ryan led us to a blown call from the refs away from a shot at it last year.

Last night you came across as completely oblivious to what Vick had done. The drugs, the prison time, the disrespect, the obscene gestures.

Ron Mexico may have made the Falcons exciting, but Ryan makes us relevant. Give any GM in football a choice between Vick or Ryan and Vick's in the unemployment line.

With you hanging off his hinge end by the sound of it, might want to get yourself to the clinic if that's the case.

But I'm still not sure why you brought Ryan into it so let's not make this into a Vick/Ryan debate, not only because it will be a landslide but because its not the point. Maybe it was just a very, very poor attempt at a cheap shot, I don't know

The only excuse you can have for your ignorance is if you have only just started following the NFL for 2/3 years, even then you must have lived on Mars, with your eyes shut, and your fingers in your ears to not consider Vick a disgrace.

Enjoy Ryan making your team relevant all the way until the wild card round of the playoffs for the next 10 years.

And I'm not oblivious to what he did I just don't care, it's no worse than what every human being does an a daily basis.

I may be a naive child but you're just some prick on a message board.

rick773 said:
pudge said:
rick773 said:

Enjoy Ryan making your team relevant all the way until the wild card round of the playoffs for the next 10 years.

And I'm not oblivious to what he did I just don't care, it's no worse than what every human being does an a daily basis.

I may be a naive child but you're just some prick on a message board.
Nice

I like how Ryan has been more successful in the play offs than Vick yet you use it against Ryan, makes sense. Making it past the wild card twice in 4 attempts so that's just another very, very poor attempt at a cheap shot. You're not very good at this.

And I don't do any of the things that Vick has done, no illegal activity for me thanks. I also doubt that "everyone else" has either. I like how I'm a prick but Vick isn't.

You say you knew what he had done, and didn't care, yet asked for anything he had done that would make someone think he's a ****.... Seems legit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.