NHS being recommended 1% pay rise

The govt can afford £900k a day fees to delloite for consultation on track and trace though.

Everybody is feeling the pain, people have lost jobs in the private sector so public sector workers should count themselves lucky. Plenty of people on low pay have worked through the pandemic.

Govt should still scrap horrible parking fees.

Clearly a totally made up piece of bollocks.

Whether it is meant to refer to the NHS or the ridiculous comparison to soldiers.

There's countless healthcare professionals working overseas in and under worse conditions. They would love the chance to come to UK and work for the NHS. That being said, I don't want to derail the thread into yet another immigration conversation.

they will be doing,via sick leave when its all over and a lot of nightmares come home to roost.
I live with a woman who is on the edge.

Really sorry to hear that. You are definitely right re the mental health impact of the pandemic, and we are only scraping the surface at the moment. No monetary pay rise would make up for that.

There's countless healthcare professionals working overseas in and under worse conditions. They would love the chance to come to UK and work for the NHS. That being said, I don't want to derail the thread into yet another immigration conversation.
They’ll get it too under new skills passport rules I would expect

As a public sector worker myself I find myself earning less now than I was 12 years ago. That's without the cost of living increasing.

Still I did get a nice certificate/letter from our COO thanking us for our work during the last year! (at what cost to the taxpayer?)

However, I have no issue not getting any pay rise if it meant that it went to the NHS.

Then again, I would be getting it back as my wife is a nurse. Yes, the clapping was great for the first couple of weeks but then it did become a touch patronising. The thought that recognition through a pay rise, or even a one off payment coming their way was a hope....but then according to some they should be grateful for having a job!

There was talk of "COVID payments" to boost the economy being made to all households in NI, as they were in the Channel Islands I think. Well they didn't materialise over here, but why could that money not be switched to the NHS staff?

Times are tough for everyone, choices have to be made and yes we need to recognise and appreciate our other public servants like Police/Prison Officers, but I dont think nurses and many in the NHS quite have the same pay and T&Cs as them.

Respect the NHS and pay them what they are worth

Really sorry to hear that. You are definitely right re the mental health impact of the pandemic, and we are only scraping the surface at the moment. No monetary pay rise would make up for that.
Even without this pandemic,working in the NHS or emergency services affects your mental health and your family life severely.
Hopefully things have improved since i left,but i never felt as though the help and support was there when badly required.

The sacrifices are huge.These workers should not be underestimated and they deserve much greater reward and recompense than they presently do.

This time last year, the whole country was a couple of weeks from the first lockdown.

When that lockdown started, a friend of mine who's well connected was telling me about the planning that was going on. Ice rinks could be potential morgues. Hospitals could close through sheer numbers of people. Hundreds of thousands of people could die. Bodies not buried quick enough. Food shortages, social unrest and potential breakdown of society. This was serious stuff and quite frankly, by the middle of April I wondered how many people I knew would come out of this alive.

The PM, Chief Medics, Prince Charles all came down with it and could all easily have ended up dead like the other 120k who have done.

The people who went to work in hospitals, clinics, the doctors surgeries etc put their lives on the line. Many didn't see family for months and those that did risked taking the virus home with them and passing it on to other people and families. I don't know how they did it. I couldn't do it.

Trainee nurses were put straight into ICUs, hours lengthened, holidays cancelled. Doctors and nurses having to care for more people than they have done before and seeing people dying at rates that was not seen in living memory.

They put their lives on the line, saved others and pulled the country through it.

My biggest fear throughout the last year was that we'd get through this and keyworkers - nurses, doctors, supermarket staff, shop workers, cleaners, drivers etc - those who kept us going wouldn't get any recognition at all. Their reward? A potential 1% pay rise.

There's something seriously wrong with this country.

This time last year, the whole country was a couple of weeks from the first lockdown.

When that lockdown started, a friend of mine who's well connected was telling me about the planning that was going on. Ice rinks could be potential morgues. Hospitals could close through sheer numbers of people. Hundreds of thousands of people could die. Bodies not buried quick enough. Food shortages, social unrest and potential breakdown of society. This was serious stuff and quite frankly, by the middle of April I wondered how many people I knew would come out of this alive.

The PM, Chief Medics, Prince Charles all came down with it and could all easily have ended up dead like the other 120k who have done.

The people who went to work in hospitals, clinics, the doctors surgeries etc put their lives on the line. Many didn't see family for months and those that did risked taking the virus home with them and passing it on to other people and families. I don't know how they did it. I couldn't do it.

Trainee nurses were put straight into ICUs, hours lengthened, holidays cancelled. Doctors and nurses having to care for more people than they have done before and seeing people dying at rates that was not seen in living memory.

They put their lives on the line, saved others and pulled the country through it.

My biggest fear throughout the last year was that we'd get through this and keyworkers - nurses, doctors, supermarket staff, shop workers, cleaners, drivers etc - those who kept us going wouldn't get any recognition at all. Their reward? A potential 1% pay rise.

There's something seriously wrong with this country.
nobody will understand the utter fear I and others went through just going into work,me and my wife were off our heads from march to mid summer with worry,would either of us catch it? pass it on to our young son etc
i never ever want to feel that emotion ever again in my life

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.