NHS being recommended 1% pay rise

nobody will understand the utter fear I and others went through just going into work,me and my wife were off our heads from march to mid summer with worry,would either of us catch it? pass it on to our young son etc
i never ever want to feel that emotion ever again in my life
I've no idea how you did it, full credit to you.

I was one of the lucky ones who could "hide" at home... however, I didn't feel lucky when my wife who's a TA started with a horrendous chest infection just before lockdown started. I honestly thought she would die and I spent a few nights wondering what I would do and what would happen to our son if I got it and died.

Anyone who lived through that time realises just what a magnificent job the NHS and staff did. Even now, they are the ones leading the vaccination effort and will be the ones to get us out of it.

I shouldn't be at all surprised by this govt. Rashford had to point out that having hungry children wasn't the right thing to do, so I guess the 1% will be in the papers for a day or two and then we'll move on. It's a disgrace.

I posted on here months ago that I never clapped for the NHS workers. I didn’t clap because I regularly chatted with nurses and doctors and they all resented the ‘smoke screen’, as one of them called it.

They were angry that the NHS was on it’s arse when the pandemic began and they all predicted the shocking numbers we’ve seen, sadly.

If anyone deserves a substantial pay rise, it’s the staff working in the NHS.

History will not be kind to this government, not rewarding the real heroes will show that those in power have no shame.

The worst part is, all over weekend there will be Ministers justifying 1% on all their interviews spinning it as a good deal or similar.

I don't know how they can live with themselves. Their blood must be as cold as a dead snakes.

Never read as much shit in my life. This gap will have widened this year. The private sector has been decimated. Of course nurses deserve good pay that is why they have had a rise when so many across the county have seen income plummet And the government tax Intake will never have been lower and before alll the attacks start my daughter is a trainee nurse.

Attachments

• 3601A64D-7AC3-4A94-B598-33F45B8466C2.jpeg
    3601A64D-7AC3-4A94-B598-33F45B8466C2.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 34
Even without this pandemic,working in the NHS or emergency services affects your mental health and your family life severely.
Hopefully things have improved since i left,but i never felt as though the help and support was there when badly required.

The sacrifices are huge.These workers should not be underestimated and they deserve much greater reward and recompense than they presently do.
They may deserve it but they (Covid the exception) went into the job eyes open.. It’s a vocation, more than just a job like the forces so the salary could not have been the driving force...

Never read as much shit in my life. This gap will have widened this year. The private sector has been decimated. Of course nurses deserve good pay that is why they have had a rise when so many across the county have seen income plummet And the government tax Intake will never have been lower and before alll the attacks start my daughter is a trainee nurse.
Good post.... Maybe Sunak could borrow some magic money tree seeds off Starmer... It would take a while to bear fruit but surely solve all the financial issues the country now has

Good post.... Maybe Sunak could borrow some magic money tree seeds off Starmer... It would take a while to bear fruit but surely solve all the financial issues the country now has

the people spouting the utter shit throughout this thread won’t be aware that nhs workers have had 4 consecutive pay increases over and above inflation over the previous 4 years. The last one being 4.4 percent pre covid. Never happened at that scale under the last labour government at any stage. All by this “nasty Tory government” The current estimate gap between private sector pay and public sector pay is 11.5 percent. Sheep.

the people spouting the utter shit throughout this thread won’t be aware that nhs workers have had 4 consecutive pay increases over and above inflation over the previous 4 years. The last one being 4.4 percent pre covid. Never happened at that scale under the last labour government at any stage. All by this “nasty Tory government” The current estimate gap between private sector pay and public sector pay is 11.5 percent. Sheep.
The problem is that many of the people who are shouting loudly about this simply don’t bother to check the facts.. it suits their agenda

The problem is that many of the people who are shouting loudly about this simply don’t bother to check the facts.. it suits their agenda

you would think people would learn - under Blair our welfare bill went up from 35 to 45 percent of our national spend. The public sector spend grew to big for the public sector to support. We were bankrupt. I am glad anyway the nurses have had a rise - small I know but better than most this year and they have job security and a pension at present unlike many. Some tough times ahead I suspect to pay for all this.

I feel so much for the 700,000 people who have lost jobs due to this bloody pandemic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.