Niall Quinn - Goal and Penalty Save 1991

I was on the Kippax for the derby game ,great memories of Quinn's save and an almost as loud cheer when he caught the resulting corner.
Was on kippax again for the Liverpool home game next season when Saunders missed again at Platt lane end.
Went to Walsall in the bad old days (3-3l when Nigel Gleghorn went in net after Dibble was injured .
Talking of Irish players who used to excel at Gaelic football, I remember Pat Jennings ,spurs and Arsenal keeper who used to regularly catch the ball one - handed !

It's even better because it's Dean Saunders who took the penalty.
Agreed.
I'm sure I remember a quote from Saunders that he'd walk to Maine rd to sign for City...before signing for Liverpool.where his claim to fame was ending Chelsea defender Paul Elliots career with a snide, vicious stamp.

Last edited:
Miles off his line, hahaha. Back in the days when, if you missed from 12 yards, regardless of where the keeper was stood, you blamed yourself and just got on with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.