Nick Griffin on Question Time..

crizack said:
i don't think this topic is going anywhere now. we have found there are people who support him and those who don't. now it's all religion,...i'm not bothered about that, i'm bothered about illegal immigrants from ALL over the world claiming my taxes.

agree mate, maybe time to lock th thread, it seems to have run it's course

Bilboblue said:
crizack said:
i don't think this topic is going anywhere now. we have found there are people who support him and those who don't. now it's all religion,...i'm not bothered about that, i'm bothered about illegal immigrants from ALL over the world claiming my taxes.

agree mate, maybe time to lock th thread, it seems to have run it's course
Arthur Scargill v George Galloway talksport tonight 10pm,should be good.

Without trawling 104 pages of this no doubt rivetting thread all I will say is that after watching Mr Griffin on QT I could never vote for him.

How could we, as a nation possibly be taken seriously with a one eyed Prime minister with a morbid nervous tick when he speaks and the persona of a filleted monk fish?

Oh hang on......

Bilboblue said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Religion is all bollocks anyway, but then I've said this before and nearly got hung so I'll stop...

I think someone got it right earlier though to be fair when they said at least the Christian world had moved on from that.
I know 99% of muslims are decent folk but the 1% are the ones that get the headlines.

Many people need something to believe in, I believe in Manchester City ;o)

Although I tend to agree with that - ie: Christian countries don't tend to entertain the more draconian and backward parts of their religion compared to some Muslim countries with regards to their religion - let's not forget that a country, such as Ireland for example, was still under the iron grip of the Catholic church up until the 1980's and some of the stuff that was depicted in the Magdalene Sisters film was shocking to say the least. Just as shocking are the more recent revelations regarding the widespread child abuse that took place at the hands of Catholic priests in Ireland, not to mention the attempts by so many in a position of authority to cover up what happened. Obviously I'm well aware that the problem of child abuse and the Catholic church isn't just confined to Ireland - by all accounts it's been a problem almost anywhere in the world where Catholicism is practised - but I cite Ireland as an example as it seems that the Catholic church until recently carried far more clout and influence than in most other countries.

It's partly due to these kinds of incidents that I have a pretty low opinion of religion in general. While the vast majority of people who practice religion - any religion - are decent citizens and wouldn't harm a fly, it's the actual religion that they are practising that tends to have some very unfavourable aspects to it that were bad enough hundreds of years ago but are even more abhorrent today.

It should be compulsory for every person on these islands to go to the Imperial War Museum (its free) and walk round the Holocaust section and then tell me they believe in facism however Griffin wants to dress it up. There a couple of weeks back the most moving experience had for a long while and it almost reduced me to tears.

crizack said:
In what way is this happening? Are you confusing Asylum Seekers with Illegal Immigrants?

sorry, i don't understand you. there is no difference

Illegal immigrants End up seeking asylum, that's why they come here. all immigrants who come to this country unaccounted for are illegal until they claim asylum.

They must be desperate these asylum seekrs,instead of seeking asylum in one of the 12 countries closest to them they travel across the continent,sleepin france for a few months and jump on a wagon. Heyho benefit system.

Genuine asylum seekers are welcome and should be offered shelter however it appears these are the minority.

snip said:
They must be desperate these asylum seekrs,instead of seeking asylum in one of the 12 countries closest to them they travel across the continent,sleepin france for a few months and jump on a wagon. Heyho benefit system.

Genuine asylum seekers are welcome and should be offered shelter however it appears these are the minority.

as opposed to?

crizack said:
sorry, i don't understand you. there is no difference

Illegal immigrants End up seeking asylum, that's why they come here. all immigrants who come to this country unaccounted for are illegal until they claim asylum.
No they are called Asylum seekers. Once they are granted Asylum they are then called refugees. An asylum seeker is deemed an asylum seeker because he/she has made himself/herself known to the authorities. An illegal immigrant has intentionally avoided this. An Asylum Seeker cannot be deemed an Illegal Immigrant as he/she is complying with the law by making himself/herself know to the authorities...thereby seeking asylum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.