Nick Griffin on Question Time..

I think it's a disgrace that he's being allowed on TV, hatred shouldn't be given a national platform

I'm not a supporter of the BNP and not a fan, I am Indian (asian) but I feel he should be allowed to go on question time. I just hope they could get a good crowd in that would be able to ask the right questions to Griffin and the panel, especially Muslims (who the BNP have openly discouraged and opposed) and see how he handles being put under pressure in a non controlled environment on TV.

When people say they join the BNP because they are impacted by what is happening in the UK (terrorism, unemployment (due to jobs going to others), migration of non uk peope etc), is sometimes a smokescreen and easy excuse. The BNP feed on these insecurities and let them people hear what they want.

Tthe only way the BNP will win more seats is if less people vote. In order to stop the BNP moving forward people need to turn out and vote.

I maybe wrong.

crystal_mais said:
I'm not a supporter of the BNP and not a fan, I am Indian (asian) but I feel he should be allowed to go on question time. I just hope they could get a good crowd in that would be able to ask the right questions to Griffin and the panel, especially Muslims (who the BNP have openly discouraged and opposed) and see how he handles being put under pressure in a non controlled environment on TV.

When people say they join the BNP because they are impacted by what is happening in the UK (terrorism, unemployment (due to jobs going to others), migration of non uk peope etc), is sometimes a smokescreen and easy excuse. The BNP feed on these insecurities and let them people hear what they want.

Tthe only way the BNP will win more seats is if less people vote. In order to stop the BNP moving forward people need to turn out and vote.

I maybe wrong.

Good post - I agree 100%.
Griffin makes my skin crawl,but the best way to discredit his warped agenda is to do it in front of 11 million potential voters.
Allowing him airtime stops him from playing the "martyr to censorship" card.
As you say,a lot will depend on just how in-depth the questioning is,and also whether he is given an easy ride by the presenter,but if he is made to look anything like the fool he actually is then this could be an extremely uncomfortable hour for him.
I do hope so.

RoqueSantaBoozeCruz said:
coleridge said:
I don't wager. I don't believe in gambling but it's your free choice to do so.

You should choose your words more carefully. I am a gentleman and have never scuttled or squealed. Disagree with me all you like, but please do not doubt that I am a man of honour, from honourable Anglo-Saxon/Norman/Celtic and Pathan/Persian families. I have no 'race', there is only one and that is humanity. If you read my post more carefully, you may have realised that I probably have more 'genetic right' to be in England than you. And yet I defend the rights of immigrants and asylum seakers. That is the British way.

I fight authority and do not seek its shelter.

If you truly believe that I have somehow offended some of your ancestors [who are probably also mine], then I genuinely ask your forgiveness, as that was not my intention. I wrote in irony.

Argue with me all you like, I would welcome it, but please do not question my integrity as I do not question yours. I wish you well.
A man of honour? You left this forum as you'd 'had enough' in that ugly terrorist thread.

You also break the rules of your religion.

Honour my arse.

You're a very strange man indeed. Maybe Coleridge's eloquence frightens you.

On the matter of breaking the rules of ones religion - I wonder why it is any business of yours whether someone is a practicing Muslim, a lapsed one, or anything else. Many non-Muslims on this board defend the Muslim faith against the openly anti-Islamic posters. When a Muslim does the same, you like to pipe up with the totally pointless "you break the rules of your own religion" guff.

Rather than being so embittered why don't you go and spend some time with Coleridge, or with me for that matter. Get to know a Muslim before slating him as being dishonourable because he may enjoy a pint of Guinness.

With respect to Nick Griffin's appearance - I think the BBC are wrong to give him a platform like Question Time where political sound bites and media one upmanship are passed off as "debate". I'm sure Griffin will see his appearance as a victory, and I'm sure those who are against his appearance will see the "grilling" he faces as a victory. I imagine the truth will lie somewhere in the middle.

In the murky world of party politics, I really couldn't care less about any of them. Maybe if the Tories and the Labour party weren't so utterly incompetent, then Griffin wouldn't feel like he can masquerade as a legitimate politician. It is the utter political apathy of vast swathes of the British population which allows the bnp to con people into believing that their numbers are growing at a rapid rate, when that is a long way from the truth...

BillyShears said:
A man of honour? You left this forum as you'd 'had enough' in that ugly terrorist thread.

You also break the rules of your religion.

Honour my arse.

You're a very strange man indeed. Maybe Coleridge's eloquence frightens you.

On the matter of breaking the rules of ones religion - I wonder why it is any business of yours whether someone is a practicing Muslim, a lapsed one, or anything else. Many non-Muslims on this board defend the Muslim faith against the openly anti-Islamic posters. When a Muslim does the same, you like to pipe up with the totally pointless "you break the rules of your own religion" guff.

Rather than being so embittered why don't you go and spend some time with Coleridge, or with me for that matter. Get to know a Muslim before slating him as being dishonourable because he may enjoy a pint of Guinness.

With respect to Nick Griffin's appearance - I think the BBC are wrong to give him a platform like Question Time where political sound bites and media one upmanship are passed off as "debate". I'm sure Griffin will see his appearance as a victory, and I'm sure those who are against his appearance will see the "grilling" he faces as a victory. I imagine the truth will lie somewhere in the middle.

In the murky world of party politics, I really couldn't care less about any of them. Maybe if the Tories and the Labour party weren't so utterly incompetent, then Griffin wouldn't feel like he can masquerade as a legitimate politician. It is the utter political apathy of vast swathes of the British population which allows the bnp to con people into believing that their numbers are growing at a rapid rate, when that is a long way from the truth...
I have a few Muslim friends who are actual Muslims. There's no such thing as a lapsed Muslim or a lapsed anything.

I have a few Muslim friends who are actual Muslims. There's no such thing as a lapsed Muslim or a lapsed anything.

Of course you do. I imagine you save your more "radical" views, for the internet...

Maybe you should consider becoming one since you seem to have a clear and deep understanding of what it takes to be a Muslim.

BillyShears said:

Of course you do. I imagine you save your more "radical" views, for the internet...

Maybe you should consider becoming one since you seem to have a clear and deep understanding of what it takes to be a Muslim.
You clearly don't.

I will stick to being non religious instead of someone like you.

BillyShears said:

You clearly don't.

I still haven't quite sussed out why it makes you so angry that a Muslim may enjoy a pint of Guinness?

Or that a Muslim may not manage to pray 5 times a day. Are you suggesting that only religious fundamentalists are allowed to associate with the religion they follow? I think it's a fair question....

BillyShears said:
You clearly don't.

I still haven't quite sussed out why it makes you so angry that a Muslim may enjoy a pint of Guinness?

Or that a Muslim may not manage to pray 5 times a day. Are you suggesting that only religious fundamentalists are allowed to associate with the religion they follow? I think it's a fair question....
You're either in it full time or not. As an atheist, it always amuses me how fake some folk are.

I will stress again that it's all religions and not just the one you part time in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.