Nick Griffin on Question Time..

ctidcarl said:
Eddie.... your point of view is yours, not a problem with that.

It was you who began to question whether I went to Church or not should validate my points.
I questioned whether you went to church because you said we are losing 'our religion'. Which is a ridiculous argument to use against immigration. Anyone is free to go to church whenever they want, the fact millions of white english people no longer bother has precisely nothing to do with immigration.

Immaculate Pasta said:
bluemonday said:
Englishness isn't about colour... it's about knowing your rights and standing up for the underdog... and really strong cider.

and having a chinese on a friday and a curry on a Saturday ;-)

I'm not eating that muck!!!!!!!!!!!

dons tin hat

Give me Thai any day ;o)

Bilboblue said:
Bigga said:
What GIBBERISH NONSENSE are you speaking now??

there's just no point talking to some is there?
I meant that if I went back the 3,4,5, 6 or more generations and found a non-uk relative, it wouldn't make me less English as I have lived here so long and have so many english forebears.

Do you know ANYTHING about genetics cos that would blow your whole 'not pure' discussion out of the water!

Unless you mean that if you discovered that 5-6 generations ago a Moor infiltrated your heritage and you find that you, in particular, are much more pleasantly darker in the sun than the rest of your breed and you feel 'English' to the core, then fine...

Immaculate Pasta said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
I'm just saying your definition of Englishness is confused, in my opinion. I don't really have a view on what is or isn't English as I've never felt particularly string ties with the English myself despite being, for all intents and purposes, a white Englishman.

His definition of Englishness is simple TMQ. He was born and lived here, his parents were born and lived here and so were his grandparents, he is English, simple.

And I'm saying then if that is the case there's a lot of English people out there who are of all colours and faiths and to not judge to harshly. I was also pointing out that the BNP do not believe this, they believe one must be white to be English, or certainly to survive their cull.

alabaster said:
Goater's Shin said:
Apparently the immigrants make up 15% of the population.
The audience was about 40-50%.
Good to see my tv licence money going on unbiased reporting/views again.

Yes, but those figures are not representative of London, where the programme was filmed. There is a much higher percentage of black and Asian people living in London, so it was a fairly accurate cross-section of London society.

So where were the chavs and the bad mothers?

Guys......

I'm now going to look at the other threads here (namely the Milf/Facebook one!!)

Apologies if I've offended anybody and by the same token, I accept everything thrown my way tonight.... there were one or two things....lol

Healthy debate is good!!

End of the day we're all Blues...... win or lose, we'll have a booze!!

and finally, for what its worth, I cannot stand Nick Griffin and/or the BNP!!!!

(but I do like being English!!)

ctidcarl said:
bluemonday said:

If that rainbow type thing is aimed at me, then you are the person with the narrow mind.

There is no mention in any other posts I have made tonight where I have been disrespectful to any other race or nation, but merely embrace the country where I was born and where I live.

How can I be racist when I love people such as Shaun Goater, Uwe Rosler, Marc Vivien Foe, Robinho, Carlos Tevez, Craig Bellamy, Shaun Wright Philips????

Your lame attempt at being clever is flawed

brilliant

bluemonday said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Bigga and TMQ are intelligent lads but they cannot have a sensible debate on anything.

Bollocks! Bigga and TMQ are probably the most small minded racist homophobes on here, they should have been banned years ago.
You people make me sick.

Aaaaannnnnd... TOUCH DOWN!!

LOL!! I love it! Me racist!!

My wife would be soooo proud...

RODDY_CTID said:
No you are fail to reliese that it was a witch hunt, there was no time for him to make a real fool of himself, the public have played right into his hand. They made him look like a victim

...and therein lies perception.

I didn't see him as a victim, i saw him as a fool who had the opportunity to stand up for his true beliefs but failed to do so to make his invidious collective of morons more paletable to the public. A dilute form of facism that mixes ever so well with a culture of fear. He came across as a coward, afraid to really express himself under the scrutiny of debate. That glamourous 2:2 degree really did him no favours did it?

No, i didnt see him as a victim because he is a vile, irredeamble creature. I cannot feel remorse for him, because he stands for everything that is wrong with society. He furthers his own agenda of hatred by preying on the, often legitimate, fears of the population. Baroness Warsi hi-lighted a problem with immigration, and even gave potential policies that her party would introduce and she does that without using a gaggle of thugs (is that the correct collective noun? perhaps its: a moron of thugs). she is also a muslim, and god forbid...a woman.

But Griffin and his cronies, lie in the shadows, and spread their tentacles to undermine elements of society, while polishing their jackboots and waiting for the opportunity to spring from the darkness and turn this country into a police state. A true Orwellien nightmare and from a facist! how dare he!

Its about time that the establishment stood up to this thug. For too long we waited, we remained wearily omniscient, continued on our own path hoping that Griffin and his annoyances stayed a convinient but harmless enemy. That they remained in the depths, than crawl out from under their rocks and spoil conversation. I for one am glad he was made to look a cowardly, fool.

No, i could never see him as a victim....its about perception....why do you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.