Nick Griffin on Question Time..

coleridge said:
Why does everyone keep missing the point? Of course, seminally, immigration has to be controlled or the UK would be full in a matter of weeks! The points system was raised by Straw, I think. The reality is that we need more immigrants to do the work and pay the taxes in years to come. Even if we get to 70 million, half of them may be in giant Old People's homes being looked after by the tax-paying, free voting immigrants. The Northern Europeans that the BNP prefers won't come and do the work. That's why we'll have a majority 'brown' population within a generation or two. So what? That's reality. Get used to it. It's not a conspiracy. It's economic necessity, unless you truly believe that the white, uneducated, underclass will some how save the day for British people. Dream on...

I am not sure it is me that has missed the point. I am not saying anyones views are immigration are right or wrong. I am not questionning or analyising anyones policy.

All I am saying is Griffin spoke in a language that Joe Public understands. I don't think it is a coincidence that the sun has backed the winning party since whenever it is. If you ask Joe Bloggs is immigration a problem, and i might be wrong, but the majority will say Yes it is. Then they see NG saying, in a language they understand, that he will put a stop to it. Joe now says I agree with NG.

johnmc said:
Bigga said:
Fair enough. I never thought you were a BNP backer, I just posed a question.

I'm just wondering how the clear, concise direction of Baroness Wasri's opinion on how to deal with immigration is less than Griffin's brilliant response of "putting a lid on it"?

All it shows is that people like BB2 and others on here, listen and look for what they WANT to see.

"Putting a lid on it" is what Joe Public understands. Wasri spoke in what Joe Public might call politians speak.

LOL! Okay, this is what she said more or less...

"We need to put a cap on how many people come into the country and vet how many leave".

Does Joe Public not understand this over "putting a lid on it"?

Bigga said:
LOL! Okay, this is what she said more or less...

"We need to put a cap on how many people come into the country and vet how many leave".

Does Joe Public not understand this over "putting a lid on it"?

Because Griffin is saying he will stop it. I think it is that simple. That is what people seem to want to hear, I'm sure some switch off when it comes to talking people leaving.

To be honest all those self righteous fannies who were having a pop at the fat idiot got on my tits as much as he did. There was a total lack of composure and although they were all claiming to have shown him up, they really hadn't, considering.

johnmc said:
coleridge said:
Why does everyone keep missing the point? Of course, seminally, immigration has to be controlled or the UK would be full in a matter of weeks! The points system was raised by Straw, I think. The reality is that we need more immigrants to do the work and pay the taxes in years to come. Even if we get to 70 million, half of them may be in giant Old People's homes being looked after by the tax-paying, free voting immigrants. The Northern Europeans that the BNP prefers won't come and do the work. That's why we'll have a majority 'brown' population within a generation or two. So what? That's reality. Get used to it. It's not a conspiracy. It's economic necessity, unless you truly believe that the white, uneducated, underclass will some how save the day for British people. Dream on...

I am not sure it is me that has missed the point. I am not saying anyones views are immigration are right or wrong. I am not questionning or analyising anyones policy.

All I am saying is Griffin spoke in a language that Joe Public understands. I don't think it is a coincidence that the sun has backed the winning party since whenever it is. If you ask Joe Bloggs is immigration a problem, and i might be wrong, but the majority will say Yes it is. Then they see NG saying, in a language they understand, that he will put a stop to it. Joe now says I agree with NG.

The Joe you speak of has always agreed with the far right [see the Liverpool Dockers supporting the NF]. It's the nature of being bottom of the pile. As someone else has said, there should be 'Equal rights for useless, English wankers' [to paraphrase]. What a tremendous vision of the future that must be. Why not try educating them instead, rather than worrying about how well their immigrant neighbours are doing? But is that what they really want? In fact, what the hell do they want? Forgetting morality for a moment, is there any economic sense whatsoever in what the BNP say?

Not a chance in a million years i will ever vote BNP, however Griffin got it 100% correct on his immigration policy whether its right or wrong the country is full, its in the shit yet we still are letting endless people in! its farcical

He little speech on Islam literally shut the whole audience up, they had no response not even the asian bloke who questioned him couldnt respond

I feel old jack and his team are deluded if they think it has been a "catastrophic" week for the BNP its probably ended up being the best ever, all week in papers, TV, internets sites, even here theres a bloody 88 page thread on the BNP!

All everyone was talking about was the BNP publicity they have never had, the next general election will give them there best ever results and i imagine they will continue to grow until immigration calms down

still never a chance of them gaining office though!

The show set out to prove the man and his party are a set of numpties. My personal opinon of that is it was a waste of time and energy because that is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Of course, if BNP were in power, there'd be no free speech (in as much as you can say it exists today!), but due to that freedom we enjoy and allowing this man the platform to be shown nationwide as an out and out donkey, then the purpose is achieved.

The only concern we should have is that voters are latching onto certain issues, including immigration, that are portrayed negatively in the press and the BNP are trying desparately to latch onto those fears. These fears are played back to the electorate and the messages sticks (one can point to similarities between the state of our nation currently and Germany circa 1936 - nutcase using the recession to create a scapegoat and offer a pot of gold at the end of a dubious rainbow).

It is certainly worrying the number of associates I have spoken to who privately say the BNP is the only party speaking to their concerns.

A total stop on immigration would mean you can't marry anyone from outside Europe. The likes of Clive James and Madonna could not live here (no great disaster I know but I'm sure there are better examples!) Also hospitals could not employ Mauritian nurses, without whom the NHS would collapse.

johnmc said:
coleridge said:

I understand what you are saying and,to a degree,I think you are correct in that Griffin has a populist agenda.
He makes his case by pandering to base prejudice,insecurity and fear.
And many gullible people fall for it,especially those who don't delve too deeply into Griffin's underlying agenda.
But I simply cannot see how,in any way whatsoever, he came out of last night with any credit.
Even on his supposed "strong suit" of immigration he looked lost and confused - God knows what kind of fool he would have looked had someone questioned his policy on the economy,as it is non-existent.

bluezi said:
Just a thought, I wonder if Nick Griffin has ever had surgery and recieved a blood transfusion,
i would just LOVE IT..! if he has, and received some foreigners blood..lol
Presumably he's never had a curry, chinese, kebab, sushi, pizza, pasta, tapas, humus, etc. Even if he only eats fish and chips he needs to be aware that fried fish was introduced to England by Jewish immigrants in the 19th century and the first chippy opened by a Jew in 1860.

He presumably doesn't have any electrical gadgets in his house as these are all made in the Far East and therefore take British jobs. He would have to disarm the police as they use German-made Heckler & Koch guns.

I wonder what he drives? Presumably a top-end British car like a Jag. Ooops - they're Indian owned.

Whether he or anyone likes it or not, Britain has been subject to the influences of immigrants since the Romans invaded in 55BC. There were the Danes, Normans, Irish, Jews, West Indians, Poles, Asian (Chinese & Indian sub-continent).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.