Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was just a poor decision there. No need to pass it there. He should have passed it to the open guy behind him.

An up and down game for me. Loved his front footedness though. Kept trying all he could to push our atttack
Totally agree mate, on the whole he is a much improved player all round.

Kind of agree and kind of disagree regarding our summer. I highly doubted we’d sign Sanchez and also didn’t want to spend an absurd amount on VVD or any top CB as I preferred to go all out for MBappe. I actually was a fan of the JFE links (not for him at all, but someone on that level to be 4th choice). I believed VK, Nico, Stones and a solid 4th was enough but I also understand why people wanted a big signing at central defense.

You are right about it being a mistake having to rely on Nico or anyone else the way that we have had too.

Good point about the Liverpool game. Salah also ended up being a far more dangerous player than anyone could have imagined. That guy is on fire this year.

Also, liked your post @MarsLlama.
The want for a top CB was predicated on the notion that "neither Otamendi or Stones were good enough... And since Kompany will likely get injured, it would be silly to not sign a top CB to partner Kompany and then lead the team if Kompany gets injured.

Based on the facts since the start of the season, those who held that belief were clearly wrong. Both Otamendi and Stones ( as was argued by some in the summer) are both to 10 Premier league CBs and Kompany has historically been a top 3 CB when healthy.

That claim, has been supported by the facts in front of us. The notion that anyone thinks we should get a top CH when we have 3 who are in the top 10 in the league is asinine.

Like some argued confidently in the summer, what we needed was a 4th choice CB (preferably a ball playing one) to spot our 3 class CBs of Komps, Otamendi, and Stones.

I believe said poster suggested Vlad Chiriches ( a ball playing backup CB) as one of the best options for the role being vacated by Kolarov.

Just in case I remember this incorrectly, feel free to fact check it :)

The want for a top CB was predicated on the notion that "neither Otamendi or Stones were good enough... And since Kompany will likely get injured, it would be silly to not sign a top CB to partner Kompany and then lead the team if Kompany gets injured.

Based on the facts since the start of the season, those who held that belief were clearly wrong. Both Otamendi and Stones ( as was argued by some in the summer) are both to 10 Premier league CBs and Kompany has historically been a top 3 CB when healthy.

That claim, has been supported by the facts in front of us. The notion that anyone thinks we should get a top CH when we have 3 who are in the top 10 in the league is asinine.

Like some argued confidently in the summer, what we needed was a 4th choice CB (preferably a ball playing one) to spot our 3 class CBs of Komps, Otamendi, and Stones.

I believe said poster suggested Vlad Chiriches ( a ball playing backup CB) as one of the best options for the role being vacated by Kolarov.

Just in case I remember this incorrectly, feel free to fact check it :)
yay, a guy who couldn't make it at Spuds. Might as well bring back Savic.

yay, a guy who couldn't make it at Spuds. Might as well bring back Savic.
Debryune Coul dnt make it at Chelsea. Salah too.

Lets not do the who could make it round robin. We could be here all night.

Like I tell folks... I focus on skill set. Does he have the tools? The answer if you've watched him at all, is a resounding YES!

Debryune Coul dnt make it at Chelsea. Salah too.

Lets not do the who could make it round robin. We could be here all night.

Like I tell folks... I focus on skill set. Does he have the tools? The answer if you've watched him at all, is a resounding YES!

well I didn't watch him in our games against them cos he couldn't get in their team. Says it all...the days of buying squad players are over, doing that cost us 3 titles. Now we either buy someone who will be so good they put Ota on the bench, or we keep Mangala to sit on the bench until we buy someone or a kid comes through. Selling Mangala to put Chiriches on the bench is just dopey business.

well I didn't watch him in our games against them cos he couldn't get in their team. Says it all...the days of buying squad players are over, doing that cost us 3 titles. Now we either buy someone who will be so good they put Ota on the bench, or we keep Mangala to sit on the bench until we buy someone or a kid comes through. Selling Mangala to put Chiriches on the bench is just dopey business.
You mean like Delph?

And we didn't buy Mangala to sit on the bench either. If a better player will cost us less than selling why not?

Besides the issue then was replacing Kolarov who was leaving and Mangala was thought to be gone coz he wasnt even on the tour trip.

You mean like Delph?

And we didn't buy Mangala to sit on the bench either. If a better player will cost us less than selling why not?

Besides the issue then was replacing Kolarov who was leaving and Mangala was thought to be gone coz he wasnt even on the tour trip.

yes, the back-up central midfielder who now plays LB. maybe chiriches could rotate with Sane...

No posts on here after last night? What do people have against the guy?

He's world class.

No posts on here after last night? What do people have against the guy?

He's world class.

He didn't look too world class when he knocked that ball out for a corner in the first half. :-)

That said, apart from Delph and Ederson, all of the defenders had WTF moments last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.