Nigel De Jong (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ayia napa blues said:
Just don't get it from a football point of view considering the tough camps league draw

So must be down to other reason contract

Ndj started the revolution never for got good luck boss
Oh FFS! We are bringing someone else in (or trying)

How hard is it to understand that NDJ wasn't signing a new contract, so he could sign a pre contract for someone for nothing in January, and that he knows he won't start that many games for us (see last season), so the player himself wanted to go ? It suits both parties, especially if we are bringing in a replacement.

cleavers said:
How hard is it to understand that NDJ wasn't signing a new contract, so he could sign a pre contract for someone for nothing in January, and that he knows he won't start that many games for us (see last season), so the player himself wanted to go ? It suits both parties, especially if we are bringing in a replacement.

Someone gets it. Hallelujah!

cleavers said:

I commend you for trying to bring some common sense to the transfer forum, I fear you are going to fail though.

Phuket Blue said:
cleavers said:

Someone gets it. Hallelujah!

He will give 2 years good service to AC Milan and head off to Holland / Germany to finish his career.

He is a wanderer as Dion once said.

cleavers said:

Regardless, the price is ridiculous imo. We need to take lessons from Wenger on how to get a decent fee for a player who is in the last year of his contract.

I can't speak for every City fan, but I suspect many of a certain age feel like me..

It's always a shame to see players going when they've been stalwarts at the club, adopted a professional attitude, and quite frankly came to the club when 'the project' was unproven - and a bit of a gamble for a top pro.

When a player joins City, I want them to fall in love with us (naively, admittedly).
When they put in a solid effort, week in week out, they'll get no complaints from me.
When it's time for them to go, I like the club and the fans to be genuine in their thanks.

Nigel De Jong (in my opinion) deserves plenty of praise, as does Mark Hughes for bringing him to us.

Farewell Nigel, and thanks for the memories, and the club is in a better place for your efforts.

FanchesterCity said:
I can't speak for every City fan, but I suspect many of a certain age feel like me..

It's always a shame to see players going when they've been stalwarts at the club, adopted a professional attitude, and quite frankly came to the club when 'the project' was unproven - and a bit of a gamble for a top pro.

When a player joins City, I want them to fall in love with us (naively, admittedly).
When they put in a solid effort, week in week out, they'll get no complaints from me.
When it's time for them to go, I like the club and the fans to be genuine in their thanks.

Nigel De Jong (in my opinion) deserves plenty of praise, as does Mark Hughes for bringing him to us.

Farewell Nigel, and thanks for the memories, and the club is in a better place for your efforts.

Good post and I concur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.