Nigel De Jong (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lancet Fluke said:
cleavers said:
How hard is it to understand that NDJ wasn't signing a new contract, so he could sign a pre contract for someone for nothing in January, and that he knows he won't start that many games for us (see last season), so the player himself wanted to go ? It suits both parties, especially if we are bringing in a replacement.

Regardless, the price is ridiculous imo. We need to take lessons from Wenger on how to get a decent fee for a player who is in the last year of his contract.
Firstly we don't know the price, secondly the price is only whatever someone is willing to pay, is that also that hard to understand ? There was no bidding war going on, just one club interested. We weren't busting to get rid of Nige, but if some money was on the table its better to take it. Its a wage saved, it helps towards FFP.

Lancet Fluke said:
cleavers said:
How hard is it to understand that NDJ wasn't signing a new contract, so he could sign a pre contract for someone for nothing in January, and that he knows he won't start that many games for us (see last season), so the player himself wanted to go ? It suits both parties, especially if we are bringing in a replacement.

Regardless, the price is ridiculous imo. We need to take lessons from Wenger on how to get a decent fee for a player who is in the last year of his contract.
But we didn't want him. How is that hard to understand. Arsenal wanted RVP and Nasri.

SWP's back said:
Lancet Fluke said:
cleavers said:

But we didn't want him. How is that hard to understand. Arsenal wanted RVP and Nasri.

What gave you the impression we didn't want him? Even if Mancini secretly didn't rate him, there was no public indication we wanted rid of him now and he started our last league game which should in theory tell interested clubs that he's still an important asset to us.

LoveCity said:
SWP's back said:
Lancet Fluke said:

What gave you the impression we didn't want him? Even if Mancini secretly didn't rate him, there was no public indication we wanted rid of him now and he started our last league game which should in theory tell interested clubs that he's still an important asset to us.
What gave me the impression? The fact we have spent all summer trying to bring in a better DM in Martinez, DDR and Garcia as De Jong wasn't particularly rated by RM (14 league games last season) and he wouldn't sign a new contract. I mean I know we have kept it all hidden and stuff......

I do sometimes wonder how often brains are engaged on bluemoon.

Best of luck to De Jong. It is frustrating to see a good lad like him gone. But life goes on and City is in another level now than 3 years ago.

Javi Garcia!

SWP's back said:
LoveCity said:
SWP's back said:

What gave me the impression? The fact we have spent all summer trying to bring in a better DM in Martinez, DDR and Garcia as De Jong wasn't particularly rated by RM (14 league games last season) and he wouldn't sign a new contract. I mean I know we have kept it all hidden and stuff......

Wow, be more confrontational please.

Just because we were (trying) adding midfield strength doesn't mean we were desperate to sell De Jong. Mancini's public stance was always that De Jong wasn't an easily expendable asset. Guess what, Arsenal signed two replacements for Van Persie before he left and Wenger said quite clearly afterwards they had been bought to replace him. But they did not let this be known until they were done sponging the rags for every penny they could get. If you believe £3million to £3.5million is good money for De Jong then you may be the only one on Bluemoon.

LoveCity said:
SWP's back said:
LoveCity said:

Just because we were (trying) adding midfield strength doesn't mean we were desperate to sell De Jong. Mancini's public stance was always that De Jong wasn't an easily expendable asset. Guess what, Arsenal signed two replacements for Van Persie before he left and Wenger said quite clearly afterwards they had been bought to replace him. But they did not let this be known until they were done sponging the rags for every penny they could get. If you believe £3million to £3.5million is good money for De Jong then you may be the only one on Bluemoon.
Wenger signed them before RVP announcement and said he signed them to add to the club not replace RVP

BoyBlue_1985 said:
LoveCity said:
SWP's back said:

Wenger signed them before RVP announcement and said he signed them to add to the club not replace RVP

After the transfer of van Persie.

"We have already recruited since we bought (Olivier) Giroud and (Lukas) Podolski who originally were intended to offset the departure of Van Persie."

LoveCity said:
SWP's back said:
LoveCity said:

The money makes no difference to me in the slightest. I only care about strengthening the squad which we will do if we get Garcia. And we WERE looking to sell DJ all summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.