Nigel De Jong (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nigel De Jong

GaudinoMotors said:
This puts the tin hat on a very poor transfer window.
I suppose If you judge transfer windows by balancing the ffp books and clearing deadwood - then it's been ok.
If however you judge transfer windows by improving the team, assembling a squad to improve performances in Europe and building a team to retain the title (given the improvements our rivals have made) - it's been a shocker.

At least we are not losing Vincent Kompany and it might give us a better chance of tying down David Silva for a long time.

ballinio said:
GaudinoMotors said:
I suppose If you judge transfer windows by balancing the ffp books and clearing deadwood - then it's been ok.
If however you judge transfer windows by improving the team, assembling a squad to improve performances in Europe and building a team to retain the title (given the improvements our rivals have made) - it's been a shocker.
that sums it up for me.

Yep. You aren't allowed to say that on here though.

dancity19 said:
ballinio said:
GaudinoMotors said:
that sums it up for me.

Would De Jong be in your first 11?

what shit piece of business if true. for 3.5 million we should have kept him and let him go for nothing at the end of the year if we had to

johnmc said:
dancity19 said:
ballinio said:
that sums it up for me.

Depends on the opposition, the circumstances etc
I wouldn't build a team around him, no, but I think he's an important player in the right situation.

dref619 said:
what shit piece of business if true. for 3.5 million we should have kept him and let him go for nothing at the end of the year if we had to

And let him go to the Rags or any of our English Rivals for free?

GaudinoMotors said:
johnmc said:
dancity19 said:

Depends on the opposition, the circumstances etc
I wouldn't build a team around him, no, but I think he's an important player in the right situation.

Let me rephrase that then. Would De Jong be in your strongest 11?

dref619 said:

Don't think you'd say that if it was your 3.5 million.

Taylor said:
BringBackSwales said:
Taylor said:
Will be a shame to see Nigel go but Kia is his agent now hence why he hasn't singed a contract extension.

I am pretty sure that Kia is not his agent

I'll think you will find he is... old article but worth a read...

<a class="postlink" href="http://thisisfutbol.com/2011/09/blogs/cooke-onuoha-de-jong-what-is-going-on-at-eastlands" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thisisfutbol.com/2011/09/blogs/c ... -eastlands</a>

That piece was proven to be bollocks at the time.He advised both de Jong and Ned on certain aspects of their then current contracts and how best to get the best out of a new one.
He is not their "financial adviser or agent"

oakiecokie said:
Taylor said:
BringBackSwales said:
I am pretty sure that Kia is not his agent

I'll think you will find he is... old article but worth a read...

<a class="postlink" href="http://thisisfutbol.com/2011/09/blogs/cooke-onuoha-de-jong-what-is-going-on-at-eastlands" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thisisfutbol.com/2011/09/blogs/c ... -eastlands</a>

That piece was proven to be bollocks at the time.He advised both de Jong and Ned on certain aspects of their then current contracts and how best to get the best out of a new one.
He is not their "financial adviser or agent"

correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.