Nigel de Jong is a City legend in the making

We've been tryin to get the old XTC classic going in his honour:

" We're only makin plans, for Nigel (DE JONG!!!)"

but no one is up for it, any other ideas lads and lassies???? :-)

He was awesome yesterday and the comments on ere are spot on,,,,, his tackling is frightening but always fair,,,,,and Hughes' tactics were spot on,,,SWP ad Robi stopped there full backs attackin us,,,and that prick from the paper should hang his typewriter cos he obviously got no idea about footy

de jong got a 7 in one of the papers and the comment on his MOM performance was: another quietely effective game.

WHAT?

QUIETELY? fuck off. Glad we got him when we did and not in the summer for less money.

Fingers crossed he's not replaced by Gattuso in January. I'll be livid if he is. Nigel is immense.

PabZab said:
Club need to make a video of all his crunching tackles, no replays, no slow mo, just pure carnage again and again and again.

Defintly this, play it before the game against the rags so fletcher n anderson shit themselves, have it plying to some heavy metal or thumping tune and it wud b great. if not the club just someone on here to make a compilation!!

I would say that Nigel De Jong's performance was the best from an in a City shirt I have seen in my 20 years of watching the club. To dominate against the best midfield in the world like he did was nothing short of amazing and I can't give the guy enough praise.

Well done Nigel De Jong, I also think Carlos Tevez and Joleon Lescott were outstanding yesterday.

awaydayblue said:
We've been tryin to get the old XTC classic going in his honour:

" We're only makin plans, for Nigel (DE JONG!!!)"

but no one is up for it, any other ideas lads and lassies???? :-)

I knew I'd said the same thing somewhere.

Newlunar Post subject: Re: song for de jongPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:51 pm

Location: Reformed sociopath- Just trying to be....nice. Remember the XTC song Making Plans for Nigel?

We're only singing songs for Nigel...de jo-ong
We only want the best..like him...de jo-ong
We're only singing songs for Nigel...de jo-ong
Nigel just needs a helping hand

And if young Nigel says he's happy
He must be happy
He must be happy
He must be happy at City!

de jong is the general,
de jong is the general.

la la la la la, la la la la

go to use this song, he is absolutely mint

Was overawed by his performance on saturday, commented as much after the game when i got home.
I've been having those 'escape to victory' moments ever since....... the pele overhead kick has been replaced by jongy in the last minute bursting out of defense with the ball with red eyes like a man possessed, was just inspiring.
Anyway, i noticed people were trying to put a song together yesterday and whilst watching the wizard of oz i had a eureka moment......... very easy, just needs a lyricist and will undoubtedly catch on..........
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oVfBrD04oo[/youtube]

replace de jong for ding dong and we have a start..............

Didn't make his debut against the toon? Seem to remember being sat in the crowd and he went in 50-50 with Barton and thinking 'hello? who's this hard bastard?'

Only one of them walked away from that tackle, in fact didn't Joey go off with a broken foot?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.