Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he said he definetly will stay, did he? I think he said pretty much that it's a case of nobody wanting to sign him so far.

Matt the Giant said:
Ragnarok said:
Mancini said Nigel De Jong not going anywhere. Thread can be closed

He also said that AJ would stay.... while at the very same time he seems to be making his move to Sunderland happen.

I don't think what Mancini says in pc's is something one should hold as absolute truths.

No he said AJ can go but that its difficult to arrange a buyer. Also he said AJ wont be sold until we buy a replacement

Ragnarok said:
Matt the Giant said:
Ragnarok said:

He also said that AJ would stay.... while at the very same time he seems to be making his move to Sunderland happen.

I don't think what Mancini says in pc's is something one should hold as absolute truths.

No he said AJ can go but that its difficult to arrange a buyer. Also he said AJ wont be sold until we buy a replacement
Got all the ingredients of a loan job after buying Fletcher - maybe Dippers can come up with an offer

mike channon´s windmill said:
Matt the Giant said:
Ragnarok said:

Bob said last week he could go - what you on about?

Good news about Nige - gonna need him this season

I was just assuming, based on what Mancini said, AJ would be staying. At around 05:20 he says AJ is a city player, and when asked if any offers for him existed, he said "No no".
Not a totally groundless assumption on my behalf I think.

Matt the Giant said:
Matt the Giant said:

I was just assuming, based on what Mancini said, AJ would be staying. At around 05:20 he says AJ is a city player, and when asked if any offers for him existed, he said "No no".
I think what some of us are saying is that he CAN go and WILL go if an offer comes in and I fully expect some kind of offer to come in - prolly a loan which would mean at least he couldn´t shaft us!!

BlueCityfan said:
I don't think he said he definetly will stay, did he? I think he said pretty much that it's a case of nobody wanting to sign him so far.

Mancini basically said "No Nigel stays". It's fairly clear the club wants to keep him imo.

Matt the Giant said:

I think what some of us are saying is that he CAN go and WILL go if an offer comes in and I fully expect some kind of offer to come in - prolly a loan which would mean at least he couldn´t shaft us!!

I also fully expect AJ to leave within the next few days, hence me saying what Mancini says in pc's should be taken too seriously. he same goes for his statement on NDJ. If the right offer comes in I'm sure he'll be on his way.

Matt the Giant said:
Matt the Giant said:

I also fully expect AJ to leave within the next few days, hence me saying what Mancini says in pc's should be taken too seriously. he same goes for his statement on NDJ. If the right offer comes in I'm sure he'll be on his way.

Watching Mancini at a press conference is a 'strange' brew of shrewd mind games. He said that he thinks Liverpool will be a contender for the title this year (he knows they aren't), that there are no offers for AJ (possibly technically correct) and that both AJ and Nige are City players (true- at the moment). Trying to interpret his multilayered answers is like trying to read the residue of an Italian short black coffee - virtually impossible! Life and football is, indeed, 'strange'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.