Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neil McNab said:
NQCitizen said:
Neil McNab said:
After seeing a genuine all round midfielder like Yaya play I can't believe you don't see how limited NDJ is, good in a backs to the wall situation but hopefully we're not aiming to be there!

We can aim where we like, but sometimes we'll end up with our backs to the wall. With our backs to the wall players like Edin, Sergio and NDJ came to the fore and we won the title. I'm all in favour of having different players for different situations. A more complete midfielder who has the same qualities would be amazing, I agree, but who is actually available? If you can't do better than what you have you don't just bin it out of fantasy and arrogance surely?
We do have better at the club which is why he hardly played last season!

Who at the club is better as a defensive midfielder? You could say Barry (debatably) but he's currently injured and not exactly young. I like Rodwell a lot but I can't see him taking over from NDJ straight away.

Neil McNab said:
Ric said:
I think de Jong will stay at City for the remainder of his contract.
Might as well, nothing to lose, why MH payed so much for a midfielder of his type. I've never been of the opinion that a player of that sort is required in a top team even when it was fashionable on here to worship!
Bringing him on to let Yaya push forward, especially in the United and Newcastle games, helped us in the run-in and was arguably instrumental in winning the title. Playing Nigel is not necessarily a defensive move, there is a bigger picture.
I would keep him but can't help thinking he could be part of any Walcott deal.

we have not got a better player at screening the back four, at breaking down attacks, at ensuring that breaks do not become chances, and although he does not hit many long range passes he does not misplace many short range ones

NQCitizen said:
Neil McNab said:
NQCitizen said:
We can aim where we like, but sometimes we'll end up with our backs to the wall. With our backs to the wall players like Edin, Sergio and NDJ came to the fore and we won the title. I'm all in favour of having different players for different situations. A more complete midfielder who has the same qualities would be amazing, I agree, but who is actually available? If you can't do better than what you have you don't just bin it out of fantasy and arrogance surely?

Who at the club is better as a defensive midfielder? You could say Barry (debatably) but he's currently injured and not exactly young. I like Rodwell a lot but I can't see him taking over from NDJ straight away.
I bet Rodwell gets more starts this season, more like NDJ is a stand in for Barry or Rodwell IMO!

Aguero can do no wrong in my eyes, ever, after 13th May. I don't like slagging players off, we all have bad days and good days unfortunately for footballers it is the full glare of publicity. I don't want NDJ to go and would rather him sign a new deal but that doesn't seem likely and if that means the club want something for him rather than lose him for nothing next summer again sentimentality cannot get in the way of business. I

It is life, if he goes sorry to see him leave but he goes with my good wishes for what he has done at City and not just last year and we look forward to seeing who his replcement will be.

Neil McNab said:
NQCitizen said:
Neil McNab said:

I bet Rodwell gets more starts this season, more like NDJ is a stand in for Barry or Rodwell IMO!

I see Rodwell as the long term Barry replacement and NDJ as the alternative, the plan B in midfield, allowing Yaya to go forwards. Still that means, as i originally said, we shouldn't be getting rid of NDJ. Would you prefer to get in a different stand in for Barry and Rodwell or keep NDJ. if you want to get rid, who do you see as the replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.