Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
NQCitizen said:
Neil McNab said:
NQCitizen said:
Who at the club is better as a defensive midfielder? You could say Barry (debatably) but he's currently injured and not exactly young. I like Rodwell a lot but I can't see him taking over from NDJ straight away.
I bet Rodwell gets more starts this season, more like NDJ is a stand in for Barry or Rodwell IMO!

I see Rodwell as the long term Barry replacement and NDJ as the alternative, the plan B in midfield, allowing Yaya to go forwards. Still that means, as i originally said, we shouldn't be getting rid of NDJ. Would you prefer to get in a different stand in for Barry and Rodwell or keep NDJ. if you want to get rid, who do you see as the replacement?

unless city snag witsel or javi garcia, I don't want to see nigel leaving

NQCitizen said:
Neil McNab said:
NQCitizen said:
Who at the club is better as a defensive midfielder? You could say Barry (debatably) but he's currently injured and not exactly young. I like Rodwell a lot but I can't see him taking over from NDJ straight away.
I bet Rodwell gets more starts this season, more like NDJ is a stand in for Barry or Rodwell IMO!

I see Rodwell as the long term Barry replacement and NDJ as the alternative, the plan B in midfield, allowing Yaya to go forwards. Still that means, as i originally said, we shouldn't be getting rid of NDJ. Would you prefer to get in a different stand in for Barry and Rodwell or keep NDJ. if you want to get rid, who do you see as the replacement?

You don't need De Jong to push Yaya forward. You put any defensive midfielder on there and tell Yaya to push forward and he will.

De Jong replacement? Mancini has been chasing Martinez and De Rossi all summer. Both look unlikely now so Garcia seem the most likely to replace him atm.

Blue Haze said:
BringBackSwales said:
Is there any City player who has not had some serious slagging off on this forum at some stage? I cannot think of one

Zabaleta. Probably because he plays like he would be willing die to win a 50-50.

Pretty sure I remember plenty on here slagging Zabby off at the begining.

BlueCityfan said:
NQCitizen said:
Neil McNab said:

You don't need De Jong to push Yaya forward. You put any defensive midfielder on there and tell Yaya to push forward and he will.

De Jong replacement? Mancini has been chasing Martinez and De Rossi all summer. Both look unlikely now so Garcia seem the most likely to replace him atm.

My original point was if you can't get Martinez or De Rossi (or in this case Garcia) why ditch De Jong though? Also he could have been chasing them with the view to them replacing Barry, not necessarily NDJ.

De Jong is the type of player you miss when he's not there.

A really poor bit of business if they let him go for 5 million.

De Jong can walk away from us for free next summer so on less he signs a new contract its time to cash in, move Razak up to the first team.

Bluemooner33 said:
De Jong can walk away from us for free next summer so on less he signs a new contract its time to cash in, move Razak up to the first team.

no - offer NDJ more money....

Bluemooner33 said:

You are comparing a proven international with over 70 caps who has won the League and FA cup, with an unproven kid.

Would you allow Silva to leave and replace him with Denis Suarez?

riley347 said:
Bluemooner33 said:

no - offer NDJ more money....

Is me or you a CEO of City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.