Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
NQCitizen said:
BlueCityfan said:
NQCitizen said:
I see Rodwell as the long term Barry replacement and NDJ as the alternative, the plan B in midfield, allowing Yaya to go forwards. Still that means, as i originally said, we shouldn't be getting rid of NDJ. Would you prefer to get in a different stand in for Barry and Rodwell or keep NDJ. if you want to get rid, who do you see as the replacement?

You don't need De Jong to push Yaya forward. You put any defensive midfielder on there and tell Yaya to push forward and he will.

De Jong replacement? Mancini has been chasing Martinez and De Rossi all summer. Both look unlikely now so Garcia seem the most likely to replace him atm.

My original point was if you can't get Martinez or De Rossi (or in this case Garcia) why ditch De Jong though? Also he could have been chasing them with the view to them replacing Barry, not necessarily NDJ.

Are more pertinent question is will De Rossi, Martinez or Garcia be as effective as De Jong in England?

Ray78 said:
riley347 said:
Bluemooner33 said:
De Jong can walk away from us for free next summer so on less he signs a new contract its time to cash in, move Razak up to the first team.

no - offer NDJ more money....

Is me or you a CEO of City?

not as far as i,m aware....but they should do this......

kippax casual said:
NQCitizen said:
BlueCityfan said:
You don't need De Jong to push Yaya forward. You put any defensive midfielder on there and tell Yaya to push forward and he will.

De Jong replacement? Mancini has been chasing Martinez and De Rossi all summer. Both look unlikely now so Garcia seem the most likely to replace him atm.

My original point was if you can't get Martinez or De Rossi (or in this case Garcia) why ditch De Jong though? Also he could have been chasing them with the view to them replacing Barry, not necessarily NDJ.

Are more pertinent question is will De Rossi, Martinez or Garcia be as effective as De Jong in England?

Exactly, plus I think the fact we're discussing a load of 25m+ replacements show just how good Nige is. I'd keep him, keep offering him more money, and if he goes on a free, so be it. We'd have Rodwell with a year's greater experience and another to chance to draw up a list of more realistic targets (not including hometown heroes, or young spaniards with a Munich obsession) without only having 2 days to get them.

kippax casual said:
Bluemooner33 said:
De Jong can walk away from us for free next summer so on less he signs a new contract its time to cash in, move Razak up to the first team.

You are comparing a proven international with over 70 caps who has won the League and FA cup, with an unproven kid.

Would you allow Silva to leave and replace him with Denis Suarez?

I'm not comparing anyone, just looking at the facts! De Jong can walk for free next summer so if he doesn't sign we should sell him and buy or promote Razak.

Bluemooner33 said:
kippax casual said:
Bluemooner33 said:

You are comparing a proven international with over 70 caps who has won the League and FA cup, with an unproven kid.

Would you allow Silva to leave and replace him with Denis Suarez?

I'm not comparing anyone, just looking at the facts! De Jong can walk for free next summer so if he doesn't sign we should sell him and buy or promote Razak.

I'd rather cost ourselves in the region of 8m have an extra season out of NDJ and not have to promote a completely untried player in one of the most important positions in the team. I said this on the Maicon thread, but it's worth reiterating - how can we be matching his wage demands but not NDJ's, that's just ridiculous?

Some people here are so funny. ok, Nige is a good guy but he's one-dimensional as shit and doesn't have DDR/Gattuso's personality. Plus he refused to sign 100k p/w extension last season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.