Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
NQCitizen said:
Bluemooner33 said:
kippax casual said:
You are comparing a proven international with over 70 caps who has won the League and FA cup, with an unproven kid.

Would you allow Silva to leave and replace him with Denis Suarez?

I'm not comparing anyone, just looking at the facts! De Jong can walk for free next summer so if he doesn't sign we should sell him and buy or promote Razak.

I'd rather cost ourselves in the region of 8m have an extra season out of NDJ and not have to promote a completely untried player in one of the most important positions in the team. I said this on the Maicon thread, but it's worth reiterating - how can we be matching his wage demands but not NDJ's, that's just ridiculous?

Razak would just be extra cover as we have Barry, Yaya, Rodwell, Milner all in front of him

Depends really, if he's holding out for £20k/week over what we are prepared to pay then we'd be a bit daft not to pay it. Only £1m extra a year, secures a good DM and we have the option of selling him instead of him walking on a free.

If he's wanting stupid money, £50k+/week more than we are willing to give him for example, then we'll just have to try and sell him for whatever we can get. I think Nige is clever enough not to rush into a sale and wait a year to pocket a huge signing on bonus and top wages for going on a Bosman. Lots of top clubs would be prepared to offer him a decent crack if he went to them on a free.

If we give into big wage demands then we'll be in exactly the same place as we are now with RSC, Ade, Bridge etc and we'll never sell him because no-one will be prepared to meet his wages.

It might not even be about money, he may want guaranteed 1st team appearances to keep his position in the Dutch team, unlikely we'll find out for certain.

Hope he stays, hes been here a few years, knows the system we play and a good pro but unless there is a chance of him signing a contract mid season we may as well cash in on someone who is essentially a squad player. I really hope we keep him though and he signs a new contract.

bapi said:
Some people here are so funny. ok, Nige is a good guy but he's one-dimensional as shit and doesn't have DDR/Gattuso's personality. Plus he refused to sign 100k p/w extension last season...

Not as funny as you.

robertsuki said:
bapi said:
Some people here are so funny. ok, Nige is a good guy but he's one-dimensional as shit and doesn't have DDR/Gattuso's personality. Plus he refused to sign 100k p/w extension last season...

Not as funny as you.

Not funny at all - its the truth...................good servant but time to move on.

ANY1aBLUE said:
robertsuki said:
bapi said:

Not as funny as you.

Not funny at all - its the truth...................good servant but time to move on.

Sadly, ^^ This ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.