Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roll On City said:
Nige is bang average ...sorry
He is like Zabaleta. A player fans love, but De Jong is not average. He is a good player, but works best in a 3 man midfield. If he is not playing in a 3 man midfield then he is not good enough.

Personally think Mancini is happy to see him go for Rodwell and another CM. It depends on who you bring in to replace him.

supercrystal7 said:
Roll On City said:
Nige is bang average ...sorry
He is like Zabaleta. A player fans love, but De Jong is not average. He is a good player, but works best in a 3 man midfield. If he is not playing in a 3 man midfield then he is not good enough.

Personally think Mancini is happy to see him go for Rodwell and another CM. It depends on who you bring in to replace him.

For me at Liverpool on Sunday we looked far better once Rodwell and De Jong formed a defensive partnership allowing Yaya to push forward.

He's not the same player without Barry by his side in my opinion. Testament to how good Barry is I suppose.

citytill1die84 said:
He had he chance to sign a contract he's not done it so we move on.

you can say that about average players- not players of his quality.......

citytill1die84 said:

Thats about the size of it for me also. I highly doubt he wasnt offered a good package and has chosen not to sign a deal so we get something for him while we can.

Joehannes said:
He's not the same player without Barry by his side in my opinion. Testament to how good Barry is I suppose.
Again let's calm down about Barry. He is a very good player and fits in well to the style of football Manchester City play. With the 4-4-2 you play best with, he fits in much better than De Jong. However, you still need an upgrade.

For the Liverpool match you guys played badly in general. Rodwell will be a very good signing. Great news for England. If Wilshere ever gets fit, then that is a great midfield for the future.

citytill1die84 said:

You wouldn't have said that two years ago.

De Jong is quality, I would like to keep him and let him go for nowt next summer should he choose, he has done/will do his job for us as far as I am concerned.

riley347 said:
citytill1die84 said:

He's hardly the best player in the world mate. He doesn't want to stay he's made it clear by not signing.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:47 pm --<br /><br />
Bilboblue said:
citytill1die84 said:

De Jong is quality, I would like to keep him and let him go for nowt next summer should he choose, he has done/will do his job for us as far as I am concerned.

I agree mate I like De Jong but I'm afraid we can't force him to sign his contract. The club get an offer of 8m they've got to take it. Hopefully he'll be replaced but I think that's why Rodwell was bought :(

citytill1die84 said:
riley347 said:
citytill1die84 said:

He's hardly the best player in the world mate. He doesn't want to stay he's made it clear by not signing.

-- Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:47 pm --

Bilboblue said:
citytill1die84 said:

I agree mate I like De Jong but I'm afraid we can't force him to sign his contract. The club get an offer of 8m they've got to take it. Hopefully he'll be replaced but I think that's why Rodwell was bought :(

I would hope Rodwell was bought to replace Hargreaves/Pizzaro.

So if De Jong goes you will sign a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.