Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millennium said:
mancity1 said:
Maestro33 said:
The deal is done I believe.

3.5 million Euro transfer fee, 3 year contract, 2.5 million a year.

This is a crime from both sides.

Why to sell a player like NDJ so cheap?

And why he accepted a salary even less than the salary offered by City?
Maybe it's not all about money. The world cup is fast approaching and De Jong may have wanted guarantees. At Milan he will be in their first team and be guaranteed to start all the big games. At City he would not be in the first team once Barry returned. There's the possibility Rodwell could usurp his place and then to add to it the manager wants to buy another central midfielder.

If I was De Jong, I think going to Milan for a similar wage to what City offered me would be the best for my career.

supercrystal7 said:
Millennium said:

Maybe it's not all about money. The world cup is fast approaching and De Jong may have wanted guarantees. At Milan he will be in their first team and be guaranteed to start all the big games. At City he would not be in the first team once Barry returned. There's the possibility Rodwell could usurp his place and then to add to it the manager wants to buy another central midfielder.

If I was De Jong, I think going to Milan for a similar wage to what City offered me would be the best for my career.

WC is 2 years away and he could play ahead of Barry anyway being as he is injured. He starts ahead of Rodwell. He 'left' purely because of his choice, we haven't failed him. We paid good money for him (18m) and treated him well, him leaving is a statement from him and not the club. I'm just disgusted at the fee brought in for him. Disgraceful and would have sooner kept him for a year than gain £3m.

we have a world class owner, chairman, manager and players. yet we seem to have a sunday pub team in charge of contracts and transfers. i thought the idea was to build on success not go backwards.

supercrystal7 said:
Millennium said:

This is probably the only explanation. He wants to be a guaranteed starter for a top European club. Its surprising that no other club wanted him though, maybe Galliani had a deal in place for him from a long time back. You never really get to know how these deals work out, and Galliani is a master of shrewd deals.

We will know by COP tomorrow if this is a good move or not. If we have a top class replacement come in this window, then it may be a good move. If it turns out that there is only Rodwell, then I think it's not such a great piece of business. Especially if the fees are correct.

I liked Nige though, so will be sorry to see him leave.

Selling Nige makes no sense to me at all. He allows Bobby to be very flexilble with his midfield in a way that nobody else can. Discipline and consistancy are boring but every team needs someone like him- some of the time. £3m ish seems a joke to lose such an asset irrespective of his contract situation.

supercrystal7 said:
Millennium said:

yep that played a big factor we believe

he will surely start for us, whereas with you he would have to challenge for starting 11

I was harangued last week for blaming Marwood for asset stripping our club. More evidence for the prosecution of him if these figures are anywhere near the truth. Surely Roberto wouldn't let NDJ go for such a paltry sum had he known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.