Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
stan bowles said:
I was harangued last week for blaming Marwood for asset stripping our club. More evidence for the prosecution of him if these figures are anywhere near the truth. Surely Roberto wouldn't let NDJ go for such a paltry sum had he known.

You're too funny!

IF FFP is our new god why would we let such a well regarded asset as Nigel go for peanuts? Not splashing out for big players may make sense under FFP, but selling NDJ for 20% of what we paid for him is nonsensical, it really is

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/thewolf6/status/241228434087477248/photo/1/large" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/thewolf6/status/241 ... to/1/large</a>

stan bowles said:
I was harangued last week for blaming Marwood for asset stripping our club. More evidence for the prosecution of him if these figures are anywhere near the truth. Surely Roberto wouldn't let NDJ go for such a paltry sum had he known.

Do you really think Mancini wouldn't ok any departures?

FFS

Very bad move. I know he would have left for nothing eventually but or squad is getting lighter by the day. NDJ was a great player for us and I'm gutted.

I would have been OK to stay with what we had but NDJ and Jonno for Wright and Sinclair?

What's going on? Unless some very good players are coming in we've gone backwards. Did not see this coming when we won the league.

Cobwebcat said:
Very bad move. I know he would have left for nothing eventually but or squad is getting lighter by the day. NDJ was a great player for us and I'm gutted.

I would have been OK to stay with what we has but NDJ and Jonno for Wright and Sinclair?

What's going on? Unless some very good players are coming in we've gone backwards. Did not see this coming when we won the league.

*** Drama ***
*** Queen ***

NipHolmes said:
supercrystal7 said:
Millennium said:
This is a crime from both sides.

Why to sell a player like NDJ so cheap?

And why he accepted a salary even less than the salary offered by City?
Maybe it's not all about money. The world cup is fast approaching and De Jong may have wanted guarantees. At Milan he will be in their first team and be guaranteed to start all the big games. At City he would not be in the first team once Barry returned. There's the possibility Rodwell could usurp his place and then to add to it the manager wants to buy another central midfielder.

If I was De Jong, I think going to Milan for a similar wage to what City offered me would be the best for my career.

WC is 2 years away and he could play ahead of Barry anyway being as he is injured. He starts ahead of Rodwell. He 'left' purely because of his choice, we haven't failed him. We paid good money for him (18m) and treated him well, him leaving is a statement from him and not the club. I'm just disgusted at the fee brought in for him. Disgraceful and would have sooner kept him for a year than gain £3m.

Yes the world cup is just 2 seasons away. Qualification starts in a week and managers are starting to plan their teams. Signing a new contract with City is going to tie him down for the next two years.

Nobody said anybody failed anyone. This is football. He got paid very well, won trophies and played well for you. Now he is no longer first choice and decided to move on to find it. The fee is bad, but the decision to sell and his decision to go very understandable.

Cobwebcat said:

I would have been OK to stay with what we has but NDJ and Jonno for Wright and Sinclair?

Sure, Wright is the NDJ replacement. lol. He is a third team goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.