Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I believe all these signings and releases are Mancini's work. The only gripe he legitimately had was why could they have not been done at the beginning of the window rather than the end. Mind you if they had of been done then this place would have been in meltdown. IMO there are no more incomings unless players are released the only players I can think of who might still be shown the door are Kolo and or Kolorov.

I have said for sometime now it is one player out before one can come in, NDJ going allows Maicon to come in whether that is the final piece in the jigsaw who knows especially with the news Citykev seems to have. :-)

okstate99 said:
Cobwebcat said:
Very bad move. I know he would have left for nothing eventually but or squad is getting lighter by the day. NDJ was a great player for us and I'm gutted.

I would have been OK to stay with what we has but NDJ and Jonno for Wright and Sinclair?

What's going on? Unless some very good players are coming in we've gone backwards. Did not see this coming when we won the league.

Sure, Wright is the NDJ replacement. lol. He is a third team goalie.

Are they the ins and ous so far? All I'm saying.

Done deal pending medical. £3.5million. Announced on Milan's TV channel. Highway robbery.

Man we've lost a good player... his vision was good, tackles were outstanding and we seem to have sold him for buttons...

moomba said:
stan bowles said:
I was harangued last week for blaming Marwood for asset stripping our club. More evidence for the prosecution of him if these figures are anywhere near the truth. Surely Roberto wouldn't let NDJ go for such a paltry sum had he known.

Do you really think Mancini wouldn't ok any departures?

FFS

He said at the press conference last week that NDJ would not be leaving.

I would expect the press to drill him pre QPR assuming the scuttlebuck I have seen so far regarding NDJ has substance to it.

LoveCity said:
Done deal pending medical. £3.5million. Announced on Milan's TV channel. Highway robbery.

Its because NDJ was running his contract down but yes thats suicidal money.

I don't think Mancini rated him.

supercrystal7 said:
NipHolmes said:
supercrystal7 said:
Maybe it's not all about money. The world cup is fast approaching and De Jong may have wanted guarantees. At Milan he will be in their first team and be guaranteed to start all the big games. At City he would not be in the first team once Barry returned. There's the possibility Rodwell could usurp his place and then to add to it the manager wants to buy another central midfielder.

If I was De Jong, I think going to Milan for a similar wage to what City offered me would be the best for my career.

WC is 2 years away and he could play ahead of Barry anyway being as he is injured. He starts ahead of Rodwell. He 'left' purely because of his choice, we haven't failed him. We paid good money for him (18m) and treated him well, him leaving is a statement from him and not the club. I'm just disgusted at the fee brought in for him. Disgraceful and would have sooner kept him for a year than gain £3m.

Yes the world cup is just 2 seasons away. Qualification starts in a week and managers are starting to plan their teams. Signing a new contract with City is going to tie him down for the next two years.

Nobody said anybody failed anyone. This is football. He got paid very well, won trophies and played well for you. Now he is no longer first choice and decided to move on to find it. The fee is bad, but the decision to sell and his decision to go very understandable.

Good post.

I agree its understandable but we have been hammered again. Whoever negotiated this wants to be walked over hot coals and sacked. Sick to fucking death of it now. If this was Levy it'd be a 1 infront of the 3, I guarantee that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.