Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
NipHolmes said:
supercrystal7 said:
Yes the world cup is just 2 seasons away. Qualification starts in a week and managers are starting to plan their teams. Signing a new contract with City is going to tie him down for the next two years.

Nobody said anybody failed anyone. This is football. He got paid very well, won trophies and played well for you. Now he is no longer first choice and decided to move on to find it. The fee is bad, but the decision to sell and his decision to go very understandable.

Good post.

I agree its understandable but we have been hammered again. Whoever negotiated this wants to be walked over hot coals and sacked. Sick to fucking death of it now. If this was Levy it'd be a 1 infront of the 3, I guarantee that.
His contract was up. Same situation as Berbatov. Same fee for him. Are Utd mugs in the transfer mkt too?

When was the last time United fielded Berbatov?

One has use, one has fell out with manager and on 125k a week. One is young at 27 and one is 31. Apples and Oranges.

Marvin said:
MSP said:
Marvin said:
His contract was up. Same situation as Berbatov. Same fee for him. Are Utd mugs in the transfer mkt too?

Berbatov is hardly one of best on his position and NDJ with all not good things in his game, still is.
Strikers go for more. And I disagree. berbatov is one of the best

eh.. hm

this makes no sense. to replace will cost a fortune. and with only 28 hours to go will not happen. yaya, barry and rodwell to play around 50 games this season. yaya gone again for around 8, barry picking up more and more injuries and rodwell also injury prone. FFS

Marvin said:
NipHolmes said:
supercrystal7 said:
Yes the world cup is just 2 seasons away. Qualification starts in a week and managers are starting to plan their teams. Signing a new contract with City is going to tie him down for the next two years.

Nobody said anybody failed anyone. This is football. He got paid very well, won trophies and played well for you. Now he is no longer first choice and decided to move on to find it. The fee is bad, but the decision to sell and his decision to go very understandable.

Good post.

I agree its understandable but we have been hammered again. Whoever negotiated this wants to be walked over hot coals and sacked. Sick to fucking death of it now. If this was Levy it'd be a 1 infront of the 3, I guarantee that.

Berbatov is 4 years older. Barely played at all last year and his replacement has been bought already. De Jong is still only 27 and a proven international. You should have been getting more for him than you are paying for Sinclair.

We buy De Jong in the last 6 months of his contract for £18-£20m, he then cements himself as one of the best DCM's in the world for club & country then we sell him in his prime with 12 months left on his contract for £3.5m!!? could someone tell me what part of this windup is missing?

Tarnats left peg said:
this makes no sense. to replace will cost a fortune. and with only 28 hours to go will not happen. yaya, barry and rodwell to play around 50-60 games this season. yaya gone again for around 8, barry picking up more and more injuries and rodwell also injury prone. FFS

I hope to God the Sheik isn't making a strategic withdrawal.....I shuddered as I wrote that :(

what a deal for milan....but for that fee i would have kept him and let him leave on free....means more games for rodwell i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.