Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd choose De Jong over Barry anyday.

The only player who comes close to Yaya is De Rossi, they are different kinds of players though, De Rossi is a better anchor while Yaya is better at a box to box role.

But De Rossi isn't going to leave Roma anytime soon, and he's 29, so I doubt he'll ever come to City,

Maestro33 said:
Selling De Jong doesn't really make sense, he is the best defensive midfielder City has, that too below 10 million is a rip off.

Rodwell is superior to NDJ, more footballing ability and his extra height is invaluable.

Maestro33 said:
yayas trusty right foot said:
Sky think he is going to AC Milan ?
Its almost a done deal. Unless they fail to reach an agreement with the player.
Very sad news indeed. We should have been able to negotiate suitable terms to extend his contract here. We will miss him, especially as I predict that Barry will return half the player he was. A lengthy lay-off can have that effect on a player. Look at Kolo Toure and Michael Essien for starters. Hopefully Rodwell will step up instead.

lionheart said:
Maestro33 said:
yayas trusty right foot said:
Sky think he is going to AC Milan ?
Its almost a done deal. Unless they fail to reach an agreement with the player.
Very sad news indeed. We should have been able to negotiate suitable terms to extend his contract here. We will miss him, especially as I predict that Barry will return half the player he was. A lengthy lay-off can have that effect on a player. Look at Kolo Toure and Michael Essien for starters. Hopefully Rodwell will step up instead.

Has Barry got the same injury as Essien? Or has he been banned for 9 months for being fat?

I can only assume(hope) that Mancini is confident of securing another DM before the deadline closes, Rodwell at this time is no where near an adequate replacement for De Jong.

De Jong is class and would be a much weaker team without him, people think he has no vision but when watching him play for Holland he seems to take more responsibility and have seen him thread some quality passes, we already have players for that so De Jongs role here was to pass it to them.

Not sure who could replace him, probably a 1% chance of DDR coming.

Stoned Rose said:
I wouldn't sell NDJ unless we have another DM coming in. He does a very valuable job.

I assumed that is why we bought Rodwell and why we are getting the young Serb from Florence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.