Nigel Gleghorn

Gleghorn is a shocking radio pundit and for some reason today I actually thought that he wants Mancini to fail. He is quite clearly sucked in by all the negative media. The one guy who rang up said there was clearly a media witch hunt against the club from the national press made a great point yet Gleghorn in his infinite wisdom said "Well that's the price of fame and winning"!!

What a fucking knob jock. If that is so then why the rag love fest 24-7.

Very poor pundit to be fair.

spamalot said:
Today he was an absolute disgrace. His constant sniping at Bobby was deplorable.

GMR supposed to be supporting the local teams and this guy clearly has an agenda against us and in particular Bob.

He was a poor player and an even worse pundit. He must be doing it for free as I would be amazed anyone would pay this plonkee for his services.

He should be replaced.

He gets a fair whack for it<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:21 pm --<br /><br />
stockportblue said:
Hung said:
...and there was me thinking it was just me who thought Gleghorn was a useless shithouse. Week in, week out on the way back from the game I have to switch stations because of this prick. I have no idea what is qualifications are for the job. He was a shit player in a shit team (whether it be us or Stoke), he hasn’t as far as I’m aware ever managed any team, he’s not a qualified coach, he has no medals to show for his mediocre career and he is not particularly eloquent, yet he is constantly spouting off as if he’s some sort expert and criticising the tactics of those infinitely better qualified than him.

His basic problem is that he’s thick and this comes across week after week with the inane and irrelevant shite that he comes out with.

I’ve decided to give up with the post match on GMR and go for the more generic Radio 5. Unfortunately, Alan Fucking Green is on there and he’s about as anti City as they come, but at least he’s not supposed to be ‘One of us’.

He is a very qualified coach he has a UEFA A licence.

He is very good on coaching side of things

Put him on in the car on the way home for some City content, lsted 2 mins still spouting the same blinkered shit as when I last put him on which I think was last season.

Waste of airspace.

Foghorn & Eyre are as bad as each other in my opinion. They're a pair of dour, negative cunts who have nothing positive to say.

urmston said:
I like Gleghorn and BBC Radio Manchester's City coverage generally.

Gleghorn and Eyre are sometimes dour, but that's because they are being realistic about City on a City biased local programme listened to by City fans who want the truth, not propaganda.

They don't need to be blandly neutral like pundits on a national radio station, and as their audience is composed almost entirely of City fans they cannot be accused of running down the club to football fans generally.

the bbcrm commentary team needs a good shake up imo. cheeseman may be a big blue/nice guy, etc, but he just don't cut the mustard for me. fred eyre must rank as one of the most miserable and depressing people on the entire planet also. nigel gleghorn is not far behind him.

warpig said:
urmston said:

Gleghorn and Eyre are sometimes dour, but that's because they are being realistic about City on a City biased local programme listened to by City fans who want the truth, not propaganda.

They don't need to be blandly neutral like pundits on a national radio station, and as their audience is composed almost entirely of City fans they cannot be accused of running down the club to football fans generally.

the bbcrm commentary team needs a good shake up imo. cheeseman may be a big blue/nice guy, etc, but he just don't cut the mustard for me. fred eyre must rank as one of the most miserable and depressing people on the entire planet also. nigel gleghorn is not far behind him.

I'll give you Fred Eyre but what are they supposed to do? They are fans so if they see something they don't like then they say it. If you want pro-City propaganda, then maybe the live updates on the official website are for you.

DD said:
warpig said:
urmston said:

I'll give you Fred Eyre but what are they supposed to do? They are fans so if they see something they don't like then they say it. If you want pro-City propaganda, then maybe the live updates on the official website are for you.

think your getting confused mate. is nothing to do with me wanting pro-city propaganda. its that i just dont rate cheeseman as a commentator. a bit like i didn't rate the woman commentator on motd. or a bit like a painting id look at and say i just dont like it. my view is that fresh young blood needs to be injected. out with the old and in with the new.

Actually Gleghorn is usually ok but his anti Mancini thing is wearing a bit thin. The nob from Salford goin on about Balotelli should gave been binned as he was talkin shit. But DD likes him, I wonder why, yes his dislike for all things Mancini, the man who has brought us three trophies in two years and many more to come!

Actually Gleghorn is usually ok but his anti Mancini thing is wearing a bit thin. The nob from Salford goin on about Balotelli should gave been binned as he was talkin shit. But DD likes him, I wonder why, yes his dislike for all things Mancini, the man who has brought us three trophies in two years and many more to come!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.