Nigel Gleghorn

TheBlueMagpie said:
Have met Nigel a couple of times including playing cricket with him last year (he can certainly bat!) and he is a genuinely nice fella - he just happens not to rate Bobby. I chatted / debated this with him at the Legends dinner last year where he told me that we had had our success despite him rather than because of him - a view I absolutely disagree with but he was adamant.

I have to say I am finding his negativity tiresome and tedious, and all starting to sound a bit thin - when on earth will he realise the only person who destroyed AJ was AJ's fondness for a pint and the Manchester Z list celebrity scene and Bobby gave him more game time than Purple nose gave Ashley Young last season in the premier league!

To be fair, if it's Nigel's opinion, he is entitled to it but today wasn't a time to sound petty and picky - Bobby had staked his reputation with the media by going 3 at the back and throwing Maicon on against the one guy in Europe who has ever skinned him when one down and it was nothing short of a tactical masterpiece.

Let's not crucify him for having an opinion - let's just tell him why he is wrong!

he is paid to have an opinion, not a complete frigging obsession

the fact he ignored yesterdays win an turned it into yet another mancini bashing said it all for me, we'd just beat a decent spurs side loads to talk about the game yet he'd rather bash bob an talk about johnson ffs boring cnut

seems to think he has to be making a point against something everyweek , but to be fair to him i think he knows his football ,

I had the dis-pleasure of listening to Nigel Gleghorn, post the Ajax game. Yes he did talk shite, but then there were a couple of City fans who rang in who tried to out-do him on that front. One almost put me into a sleep induced coma. Any radio host worth his salt would have cut the boring twat off. All this whilst waiting to get out of one of the club's car parks. The Car Park staff and Bar staff are all highly trained in the art of making you queue for an eternity, for absolutely no reason what-so-ever. Rant over.

Needless to say back to the train and no radio for yesterday's game. Lesson learnt.

Scully said:
I had the dis-pleasure of listening to Nigel Gleghorn, post the Ajax game. Yes he did talk shite, but then there were a couple of City fans who rang in who tried to out-do him on that front. One almost put me into a sleep induced coma. Any radio host worth his salt would have cut the boring twat off. All this whilst waiting to get out of one of the club's car parks. The Car Park staff and Bar staff are all highly trained in the art of making you queue for an eternity, for absolutely no reason what-so-ever. Rant over.

Needless to say back to the train and no radio for yesterday's game. Lesson learnt.

Oh, you get some shocking callers. Really shocking.

I've heard people on there say "Their second goal was definitely offside" when they've not been to the game and it isn't on telly. And allsorts of wierdos who know nothing whatsoever about football.

Very entertaining listening on the way home from the game. I've always loved GMR. Always been very pro-City, too. Most United fans hate it.

We had similar discusions on the return journey on the Chinley supporters club bus and 1 name to replace leghorn Gleghorn is Gary Owen used to do a great job on 1152 I think.Anyone know where he is now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.