Nightmare with Mancini

Bigga said:
The Pink Panther said:
Bigga said:
Worse than the highly incompetent and embarrassing Welsh Tafia, of whom the media couldn't love enough??

Joker...

Mancini, Hughes, The article's author or me?

The original author, I guess, cos you weren't displaying an actual opinion on the situation except for 'reading between the lines'.

Unless you're of the same volition...??

I do know for certain the the Italian Clique was hated by many within the club and I was told this at the start of the season, in fact I posted about it then

Oh and the bloke in the car park that the author quotes, that's Mike from security ;-)

GaudinoMotors said:
That's it then - he had to go
We don't want a manager who
1 has high expectations of the ability of well payed players
2 employs and Italian physio
3 isn't always all cuddly
4 didn't open up to a jouranlist in a restaurant
5 wants to exert control
6 didn't always say good morning to the kit washer

HaHa! (Well said)

The Pink Panther said:
Bigga said:
The Pink Panther said:
Mancini, Hughes, The article's author or me?

The original author, I guess, cos you weren't displaying an actual opinion on the situation except for 'reading between the lines'.

I do know for certain the the Italian Clique was hated by many within the club and I was told this at the start of the season, in fact I posted about it then

Oh and the bloke in the car park that the author quotes, that's Mike from security ;-)

Then I stand behind my post, my friend!

As a Mancini fan I enjoyed the article but then I've always found Mancini to be a fascinating character. Mancini's level of self belief is just off the chart which is why he could cope with all the shit (externally and internally) early on and is a large reason why we are sitting where we are today with trophies in the cabinet and nailed on CL qualification spot.

Mancini is the guy you call when you are deep in the shit and need someone who will quite literally fight everyone and anyone to get you back on track. That is what Mancini brings. But he is not the guy to keep you on track when a more measured approach is called for. Mancini needs the 'fight' and eventually he will pick the wrong fight with the wrong people.

Herbert's piece just outlines (and outlines very well) the essential character of the man but its a character that was hardly a secret. Herberts piece is also infinitely better than Brennan's in the MEN which frankly is not worth wiping your arse on.

GaudinoMotors said:
5 wants to exert control

Spot on.

What were the executives discussing at the meeting and why Mancini was uncomfortable we'll never know. Why Scott Sinclair is a better bet than Hazard, why we don't need to push on and sign RVP etc

He demanded high standards and was focused, yet this is deemed to make him a bit difficult.

Maybe he just thinks Ian Herbert is an arsehole. I'd say that makes him a good judge

I think other more open minded journalists such as Daniel Taylor liked him.

BobKowalski said:
As a Mancini fan I enjoyed the article but then I've always found Mancini to be a fascinating character. Mancini's level of self belief is just off the chart which is why he could cope with all the shit (externally and internally) early on and is a large reason why we are sitting where we are today with trophies in the cabinet and nailed on CL qualification spot.

Mancini is the guy you call when you are deep in the shit and need someone who will quite literally fight everyone and anyone to get you back on track. That is what Mancini brings. But he is not the guy to keep you on track when a more measured approach is called for. Mancini needs the 'fight' and eventually he will pick the wrong fight with the wrong people.

Herbert's piece just outlines (and outlines very well) the essential character of the man but its a character that was hardly a secret. Herberts piece is also infinitely better than Brennan's in the MEN which frankly is not worth wiping your arse on.

I've read just about every post on the forum about Mancini. And I couldn't agree more, with the one I've quoted. Well done Mr Kowalski.

Bigga said:
The Pink Panther said:
Bigga said:

Then I stand behind my post, my friend!

Fair enough
When I was told about the Clique, it did make me wonder especially with the poor form we started the season with and all the other noises that were around at that time
When we gathered a few results together and closed the gap on the rags, things went quiet and it seemed like everything was rosy again, until the Pelegrini agent meeting became public knowledge

bluscuba said:
GaudinoMotors said:
5 wants to exert control

Spot on.

What were the executives discussing at the meeting and why Mancini was uncomfortable we'll never know. Why Scott Sinclair is a better bet than Hazard, why we don't need to push on and sign RVP etc

He demanded high standards and was focused, yet this is deemed to make him a bit difficult.

Maybe he just thinks Ian Herbert is an arsehole. I'd say that makes him a good judge

I think other more open minded journalists such as Daniel Taylor liked him.

Taylor found Mancini to be a fascinating character and was quite supportive. I don't have much time for Herbert so I was surprised to read his piece given it does provide some insight into Mancini unlike Brennan who just listed '10 things people hate about Mancini'.

The sulking made me laugh as I can imagine Roberto sitting there, as Cook babbled on about player recruitment with his flip charts and laser pointer, wondering why he was wasting his time listening to a shoe salesman. Cook was probably lucky Roberto didn't stand up and batter him senseless in a quiet rage.

Personally I don't think Cook did a bad job when it came to getting players in but I suspect Mancini didn't hold such a generous view.

Bigga said:
The Pink Panther said:
What we do know for certain is that Mancini and his "Itallian clique" were despised by an awful lot of people within the club and that article alludes to that fact

Worse than the highly incompetent and embarrassing Welsh Tafia, of whom the media couldn't love enough??

Joker...

And soon to be followed by the Spanish errr Inquisition....

freewheelinfranklin said:
Bigga said:
The Pink Panther said:
What we do know for certain is that Mancini and his "Itallian clique" were despised by an awful lot of people within the club and that article alludes to that fact

Joker...

And soon to be followed by the Spanish errr Inquisition....

lets get a ''gorton clique" in charge we can call them the brook house boi's they'll sort it all out

no need for Monty python to reform

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.