Nike Sponsorship

If the Adidas deal is as reported then the numbers look crazy. Adidas are looking at over 25 million shirt sales over 10 years just to break even. I now United are big in Asia but the majority of kits over there are fake. Credit to the Gazier's they have United maxed out on just about every front - they arn't looking to sell this is a cash cow that they are going to sweat to death.

MeatHunterrr said:
QPR gets £9 million from Nike. Says it all that our £12 million deal can go to hell.

If that's true, that is appalling.

The financial terms of the agreement, which runs until May 2019, were not released. However, there is speculation in the UK’s tabloid press that the contract is worth as much as UK£45 million in total.

3 million more than QPR!!

Please!

It looks like City have done an Arsenal, who were tied into a really poor Emirates deal until it expired. Looks like we have done something similar with our kit deal.

For Nike to recoup their £12mill every season, they would have to sell roughly 266,000 shirts worldwide. That doesn't include all the other merchandise.(and football boots selling at the store, in other Nike stores, sports stores and which are worn by City players)

Obviously I'm not privy to he finer details of the deal, but Nike must be laughing their bollocks off.

And don't forget, this deal comes after 2 PL title wins and CL exposure for the last 3 seasons. OPR have done what?

jrb said:
MeatHunterrr said:
QPR gets £9 million from Nike. Says it all that our £12 million deal can go to hell.

If that's true, that is appalling.

The financial terms of the agreement, which runs until May 2019, were not released. However, there is speculation in the UK’s tabloid press that the contract is worth as much as UK£45 million in total.

3 million more than QPR!!

Please!

It looks like City have done an Arsenal, who were tied into a really poor Emirates deal until it expired. Looks like we have done something similar with our kit deal.

For Nike to recoup their £12mill every season, they would have to sell roughly 266,000 shirts worldwide. That doesn't include all the other merchandise.(and football boots selling at the store, in other Nike stores, sports stores and which are worn by City players)

Obviously I'm not privy to he finer details of the deal, but Nike must be laughing their bollocks off.

And don't forget, this deals comes after 2 PL title wins, and CL exposure for the last 3 seasons. OPR have done what?
+ we have much much bigger fanbase than QPR (no shit) and this all only seperates by £3 million. someone who negotiated our kit deal needs to be sacked if he is still in the house.

But did UEFA look at or ask any questions regarding United's Chevrolet deal?

Global marketing chief Joel Ewanick was axed less than 48 hours after it was announced the Chevrolet badge would be ­emblazoned on the United shirt from next season.

But GM executives were furious when they learned their company would be paying £6m a year more than United’s current shirt sponsors Aon.

It has also been claimed Ewanick failed to give his bosses the full details of the sponsorship before signing the deal.

Unfortunately with Gill and now Woodward being part of he UEFA machine, United's influence and UEFA will only grow and be cemented.

Given City's worldwide shirt sales, the Nike deal looks about right. I'm sure the power brokers at City are savvy enough to have a renegotiation clause somewhere down the line should success continue to flow.
If anything, Utd's deal is massively over-valued. If in 5 years time they're languishing in the middle of the Premier League table with no trophies to boot, you can bet your bottom dollar Adidas will cut their cuts and implement a break clause in the contract.

nmc said:
If the Adidas deal is as reported then the numbers look crazy. Adidas are looking at over 25 million shirt sales over 10 years just to break even. I now United are big in Asia but the majority of kits over there are fake. Credit to the Gazier's they have United maxed out on just about every front - they arn't looking to sell this is a cash cow that they are going to sweat to death.

I think the Glazer's would sell if they were offered the right money.
Surely its cash cow status will be taken into consideration with any acceptable bid to them ?

I think it is more likely that they are waiting to see if they can get more money for MUFC via the ever changing streaming video route to mobiles (instant replay of goals etc.).

CtidBlueMooner said:
Given City's worldwide shirt sales, the Nike deal looks about right. I'm sure the power brokers at City are savvy enough to have a renegotiation clause somewhere down the line should success continue to flow.
If anything, Utd's deal is massively over-valued. If in 5 years time they're languishing in the middle of the Premier League table with no trophies to boot, you can bet your bottom dollar Adidas will cut their cuts and implement a break clause in the contract.

You can't sack the owner, the Chairman, the CEO, and the Commercial Director.

This deal would have gone all the way to the top at City, and been approved.

Call it market forces and figures/sales at the time, but this deal now looks poor value in retrospect.

Too late now, unless there are clauses written into the contract regarding the teams success and extra merchandise sales due to that, etc.

SilverFox2 said:
nmc said:

I think the Glazer's would sell if they were offered the right money.
Surely its cash cow status will be taken into consideration with any acceptable bid to them ?

I think it is more likely that they are waiting to see if they can get more money for MUFC via the ever changing streaming video route to mobiles (instant replay of goals etc.).

Problem is; if they are maxed out on every deal how can anyone else buy it and make a greater return - which they would need to do to pay the Glazier's a premium - otherwise the Glazier's just sit tight and take the money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.