Nike to make Kits

So much sentiment about Umbro kits!!.....Yes they have been nice but fuck me.....How many city players have you seen wearing umbro trainers or boots?...Yes I know JH wears the goalkeeping boots made by umbro but I wouldnt be seen dead in umbro gear be it mancunian or not.I don't wear Nike because I prefer Adidas but that's because I like the retro stuff...

Sorry but apart from the classy kit from 2 yrs ago I really am not bothered. Haven't worn a football kit for over 15 years so I don't have to worry about the cost. For me it's all great business sense to stick 2 fingers up an Platini because he can go go kiss citys hairy arse!!

Ask Tiger what he thinks of Nike!

mikeswann2008 said:
The Pink Panther said:
noely said:
erm no celtic and rangers usually have same kit makers and sponsor

It's Adidas's company policy that they will only sponsor one club in any city. There is no written rule

Rangers kit is Umbro
it is now but look all through the 00s they both were nike

zeven said:
LoveCity said:
This will forever remain my favourite home kit of ours from any generation.

CITY_HOME.jpg
I agree. best looking shirt ever made IMO

Fantastic shirt,looks good,feels good to wear,great fit,bring it back with nike badge.

Why Nike? I would have at least preferred Adidas which have the same global market, Umbro have made some brilliant kits and I wish we could keep them coming but its looking like the end of a beautiful kit era.

Reid11 said:
Why Nike? I would have at least preferred Adidas which have the same global market, Umbro have made some brilliant kits and I wish we could keep them coming but its looking like the end of a beautiful kit era.

Because it's the same company, Nike just took the contract over.

DanCity2890 said:
gutted :(

i hope it's not skin tight. wouldn't suit myself and other blues with moobs!

leighton said:
I liked Umbro. Nike make shit basic shirts. It will be like playing Pro Evo it will be blue with no detail a nike badge and our crest. I have been impressed with Umbro also if its skin tight I wont be buying one. It might fit at the beggining of the season by the end of it it wont fit right due to the beer belly.

I think you guys might have it wrong.. In my experience you can always get bigger sizes with Nike. Companies like Kappa, Adidas (if you get the ridiculous "authentic" clima-cool), and especially Puma are the ones who make those Under-Armor-esque skintight jobs. Usually Nike is ok.

Let's hope we get something similiar to last year's kit where the sleeves might be stretchy material but the body looks at least a bit like a fabric that a human being should make a piece of clothing out of.

In a wider sense, I think the era of the absurdly tight shirts may be coming to an end in England. Shirts will be fitted and not baggy, but certainly not sucked to the body. (Although Fullham and Chelski are gonna do their damndest to prove me wrong.) That's just where I think it's going. more like a well fit t-shirt. Something in the middle between the skin tight 2000's and the baggy 90's.

Ogden says we'll only get "up to" £12million a year, which is double what we were on but far less than we'd have hoped surely. Even Liverpool's new kit deal is worth £25million a year and they are yesterday's news and a declining brand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.